Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say "balancing" and not "balanced", there is still weak players in that squad and yes we need a striker to push Dom, I`ve put Alli there but where does he fit in? Against Palace he played a 3 man midfield with Iwobi and Doucoure which I think he looked the best since we have had him here.
The Palace game was a bit freakish in that we kinda just stuck on every attacker we had.

But yeah, im fully expecting some outs and if we can get a Striker we are starting to look like a football team again.

Do we not say that about every player we currently have?
Depends on how you feel about players getting a first shot here or playing a different role regularly and if that is taking a step up or not.

Broja played striker last year and was meh. If he comes here he's playing striker. He needs to step it up.

The Palace game was a bit freakish in that we kinda just stuck on every attacker we had.

But yeah, im fully expecting some outs and if we can get a Striker we are starting to look like a football team again.
Gana and Onana for Doucoure and Alli and that system is viable. Maybe not the level of aggression but the system yes.

Depends on how you feel about players getting a first shot here or playing a different role regularly and if that is taking a step up or not.

Broja played striker last year and was meh. If he comes here he's playing striker. He needs to step it up.
Im gonna let you into a little secret, only freaks like Rooney are the finished product at 20.

Well yes, I do kinda now think, once the 2 lads come in, that we do now have a squad able to play 433.

Which baffles me, cos im still convinced we will play a back 3.

I have laboured this point on here many times, I`m not a fan of the 5-2-3, it is very limited and only a handful have ever got it to work. Brighton started to go away from it last season and Wolves are going away from it this season. The only teams using it week in week out is Chelsea and Spurs who have very expensive players to make it work.

A far as I`m aware Conte is the only coach to win the PL playing with a back 3/5, 4-3-3 is the way forward IMO..... anyway Frank will go the route he thinks is best, we just got to try and get behind him and have faith in him and his very good back room staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.