Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our recruitment seems to be a blend of adding real solid professional leaders on the pitch like Tarkowski, Coadey and Gueye, and very young developing players with a good hardworking attitude.

Could be a superb strategy - is Lampard trying to recreate that core group of hard working leaders they had in his playing time at chelsea who effectively sorted out the dressing room for the manager and knocked the egos out of the younger players

While we obviously still need 2 forwards, I feel much better about this squad when DCL comes back. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Frank run one of these two starting XI’s while Godfrey is out.

Pickford
Tarkowski-Coady-Mykolenko
Patterson-Onana-Gueye-Iwobi
Gordon-DCL/new striker-McNeil

Or

Pickford
Coleman-Coady-Tarkowski
Iwobi-Onana-Gueye-Mykolenko
Gordon-DCL/new striker-McNeil
That's a good shout that first team, can definitely see Mykolenko playing much more as a left sided Centre back in a 3.

Slightly off topic lads but why have I just won the lot and been devalued to 40m from 60m, I mean 60m was an outrage to start with I have been suck at 60 for about 6 years, I am shaking.

3240676b3babbb880a0babe5d83612cf.png
The older you get the lower your resale value. If you’re over 30 you’re practically finished as a forum member. I lost 15mil of my value today. Feels fair. Thumbs have slowed down over the years.

Our recruitment seems to be a blend of adding real solid professional leaders on the pitch like Tarkowski, Coadey and Gueye, and very young developing players with a good hardworking attitude.

Could be a superb strategy - is Lampard trying to recreate that core group of hard working leaders they had in his playing time at chelsea who effectively sorted out the dressing room for the manager and knocked the egos out of the younger players

Seems like a similar blend to the Moyes teams as well, just add a bit of winning mentality to that and I mat feel something that resembles hope again

Onana, Gueye, Coady, Vinagre, Tarkowski, and a striker? Yeah I'm pretty chuffed about a window like that. Smart spending, good business, improving the squad.

Can’t forget McNeil as well. We’ve done MUCH better than anticipated, especially if we can get that striker, and maybe another forward in for some more depth up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.