Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies will I think. I'd expect gbamin, nkounkou to leave on loan and gomes and Allan to leave permanently.

Davies I'm not sure about mate out of them.

In theory we should move him on, he's even with everyone I expect to leave leaving behind Onana, Gueye, Iwobi, Dacoure right now, and I expect we'll add another, actually I think the young lad from the academy who played well pre season may have even moved ahead of him now too.

Why - simple answer - because we had a massive amount of 'needs' going into this window and step by step we have filled each one, all window it's been clear we've wanted to add a striker and a midfielder whose a scoring threat and gets forward a lot.

I don't see a reason we will now go 'nah let's not bother'.

How - we have a domestic loan spot obviously we have kept open for a Chelsea player.

We have an intentional loan spot still open and pretty sure we've got enough left to do a decent structured payment still on one 20-30m player.

We'll shift the deadwood primarily on loans when the windows closer to ending.
But also bringing defensive mids like gana and onana in, allows attacking players like Iwobi, doucoure and Dele to actually have a bit of free reign up top

A striker I think yes, I can't see us bringing anymore mids in now

But also bringing defensive mids like gana and onana in, allows attacking players like Iwobi, doucoure and Dele to actually have a bit of free reign up top

The three types of players we have been looking for that we haven't yet managed to add have been a striker, a centre/att mid goalscorer and a '6' who can play that pivot roll

Think bringing in Coadey as the centre of a back three stepping out with the ball means we won't look at that last position this Sumner now, the other two I still feel we want and need

Caveat to that though - I think we wanted either MGW or Gallagher specifically, MGW just went to too high a price fir what he's worth and we sensibly pulled away from any deal with them, Gallagher is dependant on if he becomes available later on, if he does I think we get him, if he doesn't I don't think we move on to another cm in that role and we'll wait until January for him if he's not playing much at that point

Status
Not open for further replies.