Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is there is a lack of good quality CF's out there compared to years gone by which means finding one costs you lots of £€¥

Remember when some of the PL squads were stacked? Citeh had Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Ballotelli, Utd had RVP, Rooney, Chelsea Drogba, RS Suarez and Sturridge, us Lukaku + Eto'o, Spurs Kane and so on.

Can't see us having the budget to bring a top level forward in think its more realistic to get a loan in like Batman and hope DCL can sort himself oot then in the summer when the finances are improved try bring someone decent in.

Last edited:
What's the obsession with post Xmas? With that logic, I could pick any arbitrary period of time to prove that a player is crap.
For the money Watford want, and like Burnley with Cornet who similarly was light on goals, they won’t entertain a drip payment deal and personally I don’t think he’s worth the £20m+ they want

The problem is there is a lack of good quality CF's out there compared to years gone by which means finding one costs you lots of £€¥

Remember when some of the PL squads were stacked? Citeh had Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Ballotelli, Utd had RVP, Rooney, Chelsea Drogba, RS Suarez and Sturridge, us Lukaku, Spurs Kane and so on.

Can't see us having the budget to bring a top level forward in think its more realistic to get a loan in like Batman and hope DCL can sort himself oot then in the summer when the finances are improved try bring someone decent in.

Don't think we necessarily need that good quality. Plus we don't have the cash for that.

I think primarily we need a striker or ideally two who will actually trouble defenders and give them a hard game. Properly be able to link up play too.

If we have a striker who's causing problems that should allow more freedom for our other attackers to create chances etc.

We basically need the next Antonio or Toney.

Don't think we necessarily need that good quality. Plus we don't have the cash for that.

I think primarily we need a striker or ideally two who will actually trouble defenders and give them a hard game. Properly be able to link up play too.

If we have a striker who's causing problems that should allow more freedom for our other attackers to create chances etc.

We basically need the next Antonio or Toney.

Sadly they still cost decent money these days mate !

I do agree though, ideally we need a Graziano Pelle or Raul Jimenez to take that target man role and try get a Dennis or similiar oot wide who can chip in with the gols.

Two biggest issues we have are a striker obviously and someone from midfield who gets himself up in the box supporting the striker we dont have who can score ?

Can coady not being able to play in a back 4, the same as tarkowski not being able to play anything other than Dyche-ball that everyone was peddling on here?

:coffee:
No.
It was well observed and reported that when Wolves switched to a four last season Coady failed to thrive and was the reason they reverted to a three.
The fact they have purchased a CB better able to play in a four is the reason Coady is no longer first choice and apparently available.

Status
Not open for further replies.