Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
shape%2Fcover%2Fsport%2FSV-Sandhausen-v-1-FC-Koeln---Second-Bundesliga-523b86b0cd712d3225ea54d428716924.jpg

Might wanna stay off the pies.

wtf he makes Rondon look like Jamie Vardy ffs

West Ham & Leicester sniffing around him.

Surely if Leicester are in one of Ihenacho or Daka would be put on loan? That might be worth looking at as Leicester will still be looking to finish top half so won't see Everton as serious competition (how sad does that sentence look).

I think Lampard will go back in for Broja personally. Had no idea Batsuhyai was still at Chelsea, I lost track of his career after he scored about 3 goals on season loan at Palace 2-3 years ago so not sure he's the answer.

It's a postion that needs urgently filling. Villa, Forest, Leeds and Brentford all to be played before window shuts, can't just be going with likes of Gray for those games as makeshift CF.

I totally agree but Richarlison is a very unique player to replace. We not only need to replace a wide player (we've got McNeil) but also a striker - and we need them to be versatile enough to play in a few positions adequately and also be happy to initially be second-fiddle to DCL (this is what they were looking at before his injury of course) for that central role... because we don't play two up top.

As I keep saying, as of Monday, we looked well set. We had DCL looking sharpish, and he was our striker. We'd brought in McNeil to boost the wide options, replacing Richarlison in half a sense, and we were focusing on the deals for Gana and Onana, which will have taken time, to get the midfield sorted.

We had been looking at versatile forward types. Cornet proved too expensive, Dennis could be there to take if Watford would have accepted a low price but the thing is now they know we're desperate... Broja clearly is or was the number one it seems. But we had Dom, we had another winger, we had Dele as second fiddle in case Dom tired in a game.

Then, boom, DCL injury and suddenly we look foolish. Again, this isn't a defence of them, but with such limited funds we're only doing deals on drip or loan. We haven't gone and plonked £20m down for Onana up front...

We were already in the position of needing a versatile striker, and now we're in that position with even more strain, but now every club and their dog knows we're desperate, so will try and rinse us, and we don't have much money...

The plan was clearly to get a forward in early but we couldn't afford it, so they changed to let's get the rest of the positions sorted, and we have Dom fit and that'll get us through the window when towards the end more players should become available on cheaper deals or loans etc, and that can still happen. It's just whether they are able to take the risk. They're clearly looking mate, so let's just see what happens. It's much-needed, the club know that, but this time last week we looked well set bar midfield. Now we have 2 CMs about to come in, but only 3 CBs fit and no striker.
The club got it totally wrong. Forward was always the key. DCL's fitness was always a big risk. Richarlison goals are the main reason we are still a top flight club.

If as you say they began to think that other positions had become higher priority than forward, then they really haven't a clue.

These midfield players can be brilliant (and I hope they are) but we will still lose lots of games without proper goalscorers. Its very frustrating to see the team do pretty well, the manager make the right calls, but we still lose with a bit of a whimper because our forward options are simply not premier league standard.

Surely if Leicester are in one of Ihenacho or Daka would be put on loan? That might be worth looking at as Leicester will still be looking to finish top half so won't see Everton as serious competition (how sad does that sentence look).

I think Lampard will go back in for Broja personally. Had no idea Batsuhyai was still at Chelsea, I lost track of his career after he scored about 3 goals on season loan at Palace 2-3 years ago so not sure he's the answer.

It's a postion that needs urgently filling. Villa, Forest, Leeds and Brentford all to be played before window shuts, can't just be going with likes of Gray for those games as makeshift CF.
Agree on the forward. Leicester will be down in the bottom half with us they are selling Fofana, Maddison and others

Absolutely not panic, but yes frustrated.

It's not exactly rocket science here. We have very little chance of winning games without a forward. Why are the club focusing on other positions?

I think being calm is delusional right now. The manager is being let down, he should be furious.
Lol.

Whoever the forward we bring in, we really could do with them having the ability to play out wide too, like Richarlison did. It would be good to have two proper goal threats if somehow DCL can stay fit.
Cos as it stands I don’t see anyone in the squad(outside of DCL) who will get anywhere near 10 league goals.

With the news out tonight I hope we go after Hudson Odoi on loan, think Chelsea would like to send him here too, did well under Lampard if I remember right. Coady on loan now is also a must. Even if it was Batshuayi on a permanent we desperately need some sort of centre forward.

Think with those 3 on top of what we’ve got already as well as Gana and Onana it’d be a near perfect window for us in terms of what we could’ve possibly done.

Guedes is apparently on his way to the premier league from valencia...Big offer on the table accepted. Could be us, wolves, newcaslte or arsenal...take your pick

With the news out tonight I hope we go after Hudson Odoi on loan, think Chelsea would like to send him here too, did well under Lampard if I remember right. Coady on loan now is also a must. Even if it was Batshuayi on a permanent we desperately need some sort of centre forward.

Think with those 3 on top of what we’ve got already as well as Gana and Onana it’d be a near perfect window for us in terms of what we could’ve possibly done.
If we can't get Broja on loan I think CHO has to be the next guy we ask about, I'd have said Gilmour but we're about to be quite heavy in midfield with Iwobi looking quite adept there so I think bringing in two forwards, CHO and a striker, if at all possible would be a better use of resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.