Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
But my issue with this whole 'let's loan Broja' thing is I don't think Chelsea are going to loan him out until right at the end of the window. They didn't name Werner on the bench today as they'd like to shift him.

So until they get another forward or two in, they won't be letting him go, and there's another 4 league games and a cup game this month.
Yeah I agree maybe it's someone else they are looking at seems some of our targets have gone under the radar this window we need a forward asap

Well we need every position like that's the thing mate.

We didn't need a striker to start today until, on Monday, DCL did his knee. That changed everything, because if not we were looking pretty well set to go into the last 3 weeks of the window knowing a striker was the target.

As it is now, in the space of 4 days we've lost 3 first teamers. it's mental, it's the first friggin game of the season and all three were freak injuries. Can't even blame the medical team here fgs.

So, we now need a CB - Coady probs - and a ST. But at least we can know we've got CM covered which solves a huge issue from last season.

I'm just frustrated because I predicted this problem weeks ago when Richarlison was sold. And I'm far from an expert about football

If you sell your main goalscorer for 60m and don't bother to line up a replacement then you're asking for trouble and have no excuse if things go wrong.

The game went how I expected. We were organised and didn't really play that badly at all, but we had absolutely no quality in attack and not even any presence. We can't win matches regularly with these options and are basically chucking points down the loo by leaving the manager with these options to choose from.

I'm extremely frustrated because we just never help ourselves by making the obvious decisions and prioritising what matters, and thats what happens in both boxes. Chelsea were there for the taking but we had to take plastic cutlery, nevermind a knife to the gunfight.

If we have to go with Rondon next Saturday then that's another game we are basically throwing away. If I was Lampard I would be thinking whats the point.

I'm just frustrated because I predicted this problem weeks ago when Richarlison was sold. And I'm far from an expert about football

If you sell your main goalscorer for 60m and don't bother to line up a replacement then you're asking for trouble and have no excuse if things go wrong.

The game went how I expected. We were organised and didn't really play that badly at all, but we had absolutely no quality in attack and not even any presence. We can't win matches regularly with these options and are basically chucking points down the loo by leaving the manager with these options to choose from.

I'm extremely frustrated because we just never help ourselves by making the obvious decisions and prioritising what matters, and thats what happens in both boxes. Chelsea were there for the taking but we had to take plastic cutlery, nevermind a knife to the gunfight.

If we have to go with Rondon next Saturday then that's another game we are basically throwing away. If I was Lampard I would be thinking whats the point.
Not to mention the creativity and goal scoring that has been stripped out of the team since last summer. As well as Richy, James, Sig(through his own fault), Digne, DCL(injuries) all gone from the team and the lack of threat and creation is stark. We are left relying on Gordon who although promising hasn't provided many assists or goals to any level yet in his career, Gray who inconsistent and Mcneil who didn't score last season. Oh and Rondon who has only got a few goals in his time here. We still need goal scorers and creators. I would prioritise that over everything else now.

Your frustration is understandable mate. We prioritised the midfield steel over attacking reinforcements and just hoped DCL would stay in one piece until we got round to arranging cover.

Had we prioritised forwards and DCL stayed fit, we’d likely be moaning about our lack of decent midfield options.

It’s just so very Everton that DCL got crocked, and now we’ve lost two players in the only area of the pitch we were pretty well stocked.

If we can make it to lower mid table by the end of the window, I’ll be pretty happy. Depending on who we get in at the top end I think it’ll be looked upon as a very positive window in the end and hopefully the last one we go into so disorganised and imbalanced as a squad.

As would I. Can't work out why no other club has come in for him though.
Blackburn want big money. Think he only has a year left on his deal but they're holding out for like £15-20m.

Might be one that someone takes a punt on late in the window. Bournemouth probably.

I totally agree but Richarlison is a very unique player to replace. We not only need to replace a wide player (we've got McNeil) but also a striker - and we need them to be versatile enough to play in a few positions adequately and also be happy to initially be second-fiddle to DCL (this is what they were looking at before his injury of course) for that central role... because we don't play two up top.

As I keep saying, as of Monday, we looked well set. We had DCL looking sharpish, and he was our striker. We'd brought in McNeil to boost the wide options, replacing Richarlison in half a sense, and we were focusing on the deals for Gana and Onana, which will have taken time, to get the midfield sorted.

We had been looking at versatile forward types. Cornet proved too expensive, Dennis could be there to take if Watford would have accepted a low price but the thing is now they know we're desperate... Broja clearly is or was the number one it seems. But we had Dom, we had another winger, we had Dele as second fiddle in case Dom tired in a game.

Then, boom, DCL injury and suddenly we look foolish. Again, this isn't a defence of them, but with such limited funds we're only doing deals on drip or loan. We haven't gone and plonked £20m down for Onana up front...

We were already in the position of needing a versatile striker, and now we're in that position with even more strain, but now every club and their dog knows we're desperate, so will try and rinse us, and we don't have much money...

The plan was clearly to get a forward in early but we couldn't afford it, so they changed to let's get the rest of the positions sorted, and we have Dom fit and that'll get us through the window when towards the end more players should become available on cheaper deals or loans etc, and that can still happen. It's just whether they are able to take the risk. They're clearly looking mate, so let's just see what happens. It's much-needed, the club know that, but this time last week we looked well set bar midfield. Now we have 2 CMs about to come in, but only 3 CBs fit and no striker.

Who
When
Why
What
How much have you got?
shape%2Fcover%2Fsport%2FSV-Sandhausen-v-1-FC-Koeln---Second-Bundesliga-523b86b0cd712d3225ea54d428716924.jpg

Might wanna stay off the pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.