Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this 'Barkley walks into our team'

The 2017 one does, but then he wouldn't ahead of the 2017 Dele Alli who was scoring 18 league goals then.

Now, I'd rather Alli or Iwobi in the number 10 role.

Barkley would be a bad mistake from Lampard and Thelwell, they'd lose a lot of goodwill.

Also not convinced with the plaudits on Billy Gilmour. Admittedly haven't seen him play a lot, but when I have he's not looked great.

I'm not sure at all he walks into the first team. He sits on the bench ahead of Gomes or Gbamin, but I really think we need to aspire for a bit more than that.

If it's say Barkley in, Gomes out, then yes I accept that the squad is slightly stronger. But it's hardly a significant improvement worth shouting about

I'm not sure at all he walks into the first team. He sits on the bench ahead of Gomes or Gbamin, but I really think we need to aspire for a bit more than that.

If it's say Barkley in, Gomes out, then yes I accept that the squad is slightly stronger. But it's hardly a significant improvement worth shouting about

Totally different players entirely though.

Gomes (should) be a bit of an engine, turns the ball over. Harry Winks like.

For me we really need a top number 6, that'll allow Doucoure, Alli, Iwobi to kick on. If Alli isn't up to it, we need a better number 10 but never is that Ross Barkley.

Totally different players entirely though.

Gomes (should) be a bit of an engine, turns the ball over. Harry Winks like.

For me we really need a top number 6, that'll allow Doucoure, Alli, Iwobi to kick on. If Alli isn't up to it, we need a better number 10 but never is that Ross Barkley.

Gomes offers about as much as Barkley off the ball these days, i.e. not much. That's why I don't see them as that different players anymore.

The 2017 one does, but then he wouldn't ahead of the 2017 Dele Alli who was scoring 18 league goals then.

Barkley would be a bad mistake from Lampard and Thelwell, they'd lose a lot of goodwill.

Also not convinced with the plaudits on Billy Gilmour. Admittedly haven't seen him play a lot, but when I have he's not looked great.

…unless the owner & Chairman are up to their old tricks. Barkley would be a confusing acquisition if generated from Thelwell or Lampard as he doesn’t appear to fit the playing strategy & fit the ‘model professionals’ we want in our squad.

…unless the owner & Chairman are up to their old tricks. Barkley would be a confusing acquisition if generated from Thelwell or Lampard.

This is one I think Kenwright would be against. The Mayor of Liverpool with his calls to investigate the transfer for fraud etc got his information from somewhere.

If we sign Barkley, for me it'll reaffirm concerns I had over the recruitment nous/ability of the club under Thelwell and Lampard.

It feels like the scope is very limited. Wolves or Chelsea connection, or former club connection (even McNeil was a target under previous DOF/Managers).

Bringing Barkley back is akin to appointing Benitez.
Damage would be done before the season starts.

Absolute woeful idea.

It's worse for me.

Benitez called us a small club, while managing a rival. I can understand that.

Barkley? Screwed over his own club (and continued to have a pop at the club after leaving) and even that aside, he's garbage. There's a reason nobody else wants him. If he hadn't played for us before Chelsea, he wouldn't be linked.

Either way, it's division the fanbase doesn't need.

Walks being the operative word by the way.

Walks.

Walk.

This is one I think Kenwright would be against. The Mayor of Liverpool with his calls to investigate the transfer for fraud etc got his information from somewhere.

If we sign Barkley, for me it'll reaffirm concerns I had over the recruitment nous/ability of the club under Thelwell and Lampard.

It feels like the scope is very limited. Wolves or Chelsea connection, or former club connection (even McNeil was a target under previous DOF/Managers).
Wasn’t it reported somewhere (I think the athletic) that thelwell was surprised at the amount of holes in the scouting department. I imagine it’s not a problem that can be rectified short term and might be why it seems our targets this summer have very ‘specific’. You’d hope things would improve over upcoming windows.

We would be stupid to sign Barkley, the crowd would destroy him as soon as he made a mistake, having said that, the current board have done nothing to convince me that they would realise this, I thought Ross was a truly great prospect when he made his break through, but, for many reasons, lack of a football brain, poor lifestyle choices etc. He has just wasted his talent. I really don't think he has it in him any more.

It's worse for me.

Benitez called us a small club, while managing a rival. I can understand that.

Barkley? Screwed over his own club (and continued to have a pop at the club after leaving) and even that aside, he's garbage. There's a reason nobody else wants him. If he hadn't played for us before Chelsea, he wouldn't be linked.

Either way, it's division the fanbase doesn't need.
Yes different scenario's.

But would be a very similar outcome.

I hope this is all bullshine , otherwise this club is in serious trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.