Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one I think Kenwright would be against. The Mayor of Liverpool with his calls to investigate the transfer for fraud etc got his information from somewhere.

If we sign Barkley, for me it'll reaffirm concerns I had over the recruitment nous/ability of the club under Thelwell and Lampard.

It feels like the scope is very limited. Wolves or Chelsea connection, or former club connection (even McNeil was a target under previous DOF/Managers).
At the moment it genuinely feels a bit sunday league, with people ringing mates and mates of mates to see if they fancy a game. Obviously that might not be fair at all and it might be a well oiled machine behind the scenes, but in terms of rumours and the business that's been done it doesn't seem like part of a strategic rebuild, more just desperately trying to cobble together a team from whoever we can convince to come.

Our transfer policy is absurd, we keep signing past it players.
Let's see who we actually sign, but this was supposed to be the summer of young and hungry and now we're talking about guys who turn 29, 29 and 33 before the end of the year.

I guess everyone's got a plan until they get cuffed 4-0 by an MLS team pre-season.

Let's see who we actually sign, but this was supposed to be the summer of young and hungry and now we're talking about guys who turn 29, 29 and 33 before the end of the year.

I guess everyone's got a plan until they get cuffed 4-0 by an MLS team pre-season.
these are obviously options D, E & F.. MGW was obviously wanted, that lad now at brentford etc

the money clearly isnt there, if clubs dont want to do business or the deal isnt right, we've had to walk away

I can understand if we sign 3-4 free players in order to make a huge free signing. However, I dont see we are signing that type of player. To play for the lampard’s tactics, we must sign a good with potential midfielder player. Please happen it as soon as possible.

what still strikes me as odd on all these rumours: accroding to the goat squad analyses we already have a 25 man squad we can list with the Premier League. Now if supposedly Barkley, Batshuayi and Ghana come in that means at least 3 out: Gomes, Nkoukou, Gbamin ?

But still we would need another attacker (replacement for Richy) right ? So maybe we cut Rondon.

Point is Lampard/Thelwell must be confident in managing all these outgoing deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.