Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested to see the reception that Gana and Barkley would get back with us to be honest. Barkley was a snake who cost us at least £20m and is on such a fall from grace at the minute and Gana has had his controversy with his backwards views, despite being a loved player for us previously. I wouldn't be happy with either coming back in terms of their off the pitch actions but look I guess when we're in such a state they do improve the squad currently. Add on to that Vinagre, as well as probably McNeil, I'd hope we'd have something left to go back in for Cornet maybe or another forward or else a proper starting midfielder.

If we went into the season with Tarkowski, Vinagre, McNeil, Gana, Barkley and Cornet for example we've definitely improved the side as it couldn't get much worse but there'd still be pretty clear deficiencies. Think adding Gilmour or Broja on loan will be a last few weeks of the window thing, and I think we'd probably dip in again for more depth on loan.

Wouldn't be a glamorous window but in realistic terms it would probably improve us enough to stay clear of fighting for relegation but probably be no higher than 10th or 11th.

I don't agree with his views but that's his religion so harsh to judge him on that.

I'd welcome Gana back. Cheap option that knows the league. Still allows us to bring another player in with Rodriguez being linked.

hopefully the Terrier links are true too.

Tark, Vinagre, Gana, Rodriguez and Terrier would be a very good and sensible window tbh. Possibly still a little light in some areas though.

I'd be interested to see the reception that Gana and Barkley would get back with us to be honest. Barkley was a snake who cost us at least £20m and is on such a fall from grace at the minute and Gana has had his controversy with his backwards views, despite being a loved player for us previously. I wouldn't be happy with either coming back in terms of their off the pitch actions but look I guess when we're in such a state they do improve the squad currently. Add on to that Vinagre, as well as probably McNeil, I'd hope we'd have something left to go back in for Cornet maybe or another forward or else a proper starting midfielder.

If we went into the season with Tarkowski, Vinagre, McNeil, Gana, Barkley and Cornet for example we've definitely improved the side as it couldn't get much worse but there'd still be pretty clear deficiencies. Think adding Gilmour or Broja on loan will be a last few weeks of the window thing, and I think we'd probably dip in again for more depth on loan.

Wouldn't be a glamorous window but in realistic terms it would probably improve us enough to stay clear of fighting for relegation but probably be no higher than 10th or 11th.
I honestly believe Barkley does not improve our squad

Not really, Norwich get promoted and make minor improvements to their squad, they enjoy the PL money and go straight back down and come up again and work their revenues based on every 2nd yr in the PL. Fulham, and now Forest, are investing the money to genuinely try and stay in the PL. There are no guarantees it will work, they may get relegated but they will have a decent team for another shot at promotion. They are not pocketing 80m+ (or sticking it in their handbag). As a fan, I would prefer the Forest or Fulham approach as they are at least giving themselves a chance of survival

What I'm saying is though, that Norwich go down and come back up.

You used the fact Fulham did the same to justify the approach.

Watford buy loads too. I'm not sure it works that well.

Would Gana be the No.6? Surely we’d still need someone to fill that role even with Gana.
agree i though we wanted a player who can dictate the play/pass out from the back through midfield. Having Gana and Doucoure in the same midfield will not provide that. Where are the Billy Gilmmour links gone to lol

Have no information but imo i still think the club will be looking at winks and broja(loan later in the window), then i still think the club will look to get mgw.

Status
Not open for further replies.