Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be touching Gueye personally.

Too much baggage nowadays, and his age isn’t really a progressive signing.

Just think it’d be bad all round for us, personally.

Don’t think my opinion counts mind, if he’s available for nothing.

On McNeil..

There's a player in there I think, but we're taking a pretty big risk that he'll come in and hit the ground running. Still only 22 though so a chance to really prove himself at this level.

This is the most important thing for me mate, ive said leave Lampard alone for three years, support him and let him build something. A lot of the recruitment is built around budget, limits and whose available.

We're just trying to plug holes in the ship to get from season to season, signing good experienced (some long in the tooth) pros. It will catch up with us.

We're building nothing.

Spot on that. There is no foresight or tact at all. It’s the same splattergun approach time and again.

Couldn’t give a crap about a players beliefs, religion or politics. If he makes the team better than I’m for it. Problem is, does Gueye do that at this point in his career? I suppose it’s worth a shot and couldn’t be worse than running Tom Davies or Andre Gomes out there every game.
It should only be about the football, 100%.

Still a no like, as he would probably be here for a last payday, not that he would need it like but its what we do, isnt it!

I could see why we were linked under Benitez. The idea that Townsend and McNeil put crosses in for DCL and Richi. It still would have been crap as we would be too slow to move up the pitch.

In a Lampard system it makes even less sense.

Dwight McNeil has more assists and created more chances than Richie over the last three years.
Who is going to be finishing any of these chances created. Dom, while decent isn’t exactly clinical. Beyond that we have no one who can put the ball in the net aside from maybe Dele if he decides he fancies trying for a season.

On McNeil..

There's a player in there I think, but we're taking a pretty big risk that he'll come in and hit the ground running. Still only 22 though so a chance to really prove himself at this level.
I mean, yeah... There's a player in there in so much as he plays football for a living. I just don't think he is going to improve us.

99% of what transfers windows are, is unhinged weirdos on Twitter posting made up nonsense for a brief moment of attention from other unhinged weirdos on Twitter.

No offence @chicoazul
It’s always the same kind of people too. They peaked at high school and probably still think putting litter in the bin makes you ‘gay’ or something. It’s the university of life/school of hard knocks alumni. They can’t spell, have awful sentence structure, and often omit punctuation entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.