Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on that. There is no foresight or tact at all. It’s the same splattergun approach time and again.
That's what happens everytime we sack someone and bring in a completely new backroom team to start afresh. Madness the way we operate. He's got to be given time.

I'd be interested to see the reception that Gana and Barkley would get back with us to be honest. Barkley was a snake who cost us at least £20m and is on such a fall from grace at the minute and Gana has had his controversy with his backwards views, despite being a loved player for us previously. I wouldn't be happy with either coming back in terms of their off the pitch actions but look I guess when we're in such a state they do improve the squad currently. Add on to that Vinagre, as well as probably McNeil, I'd hope we'd have something left to go back in for Cornet maybe or another forward or else a proper starting midfielder.

If we went into the season with Tarkowski, Vinagre, McNeil, Gana, Barkley and Cornet for example we've definitely improved the side as it couldn't get much worse but there'd still be pretty clear deficiencies. Think adding Gilmour or Broja on loan will be a last few weeks of the window thing, and I think we'd probably dip in again for more depth on loan.

Wouldn't be a glamorous window but in realistic terms it would probably improve us enough to stay clear of fighting for relegation but probably be no higher than 10th or 11th.

If allan leaves in this window, I would take gana back. If not, I dont think we need to sign him back. We have Doucoure to provide the energy and drive the ball to the front. I would see Gana the same type as Doucoure…I rather sign Barkley as well even I hate him so much
Doucoure has a year left on his contract.

you missed off 96 goals from Alli and Calvert Lewin
Even then though, Alli has only got 1 in the last 2 seasons. It's a massive concern, it has to be. If they were our attacking options for the season there'd be an enormous amount of pressure on DCL to score goals. If he had the same sort of problems as last year it would be very difficult to see us scoring enough goals to stay up. I fully understand everyone getting hung up on the midfield because we desperately need to address that but I do feel like the glaring attacking issues we have are being overlooked a little bit.

That's what happens everytime we sack someone and bring in a completely new backroom team to start afresh. Madness the way we operate. He's got to be given time.

He has to be given time I agree. My problems are with the way we operate time and again which has a detrimental effect on any manager eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.