Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending Michael Keane to them in part ex for both players should get the deal over the line... oh thats too much like common-sense plus balances the books .....

Theres some stumbling blocks here Joey. Like Michael Keane wanting to move there and them wanting Michael Keane to move there. We don't have retain and transfer anymore.

Thing is in his religion both homophobia and gambling are forbidden. He had no problem with Sport Pesa on a jersey, presumably wouldn’t with Stake, yet refused to wear a rainbow jersey. That suggests a pretty deep rooted bigotry. We are or should be an inclusive club and if he opposes those values it’s a no from me.
All relative, though, isn't it?

With a gun pointed at your head, are you going to put a bet on or get bummed?

It appears the tele money did land yesterday then..

Gana is a great signing, fairly short term but were not getting better than him in terms of quality in that position

Couldn’t give a crap about a players beliefs, religion or politics. If he makes the team better than I’m for it. Problem is, does Gueye do that at this point in his career? I suppose it’s worth a shot and couldn’t be worse than running Tom Davies or Andre Gomes out there every game.

Idrissa Gueye was obviously a good player for us, but I'm just generally not a fan of re-signing players, especially when they are nearing the end of their career. I think he is nearly 33, so I don't think it's a very forward thinking option.

This is the most important thing for me mate, ive said leave Lampard alone for three years, support him and let him build something. A lot of the recruitment is built around budget, limits and whose available in those limits.

We're just trying to plug holes in the ship to get from season to season, signing good experienced (some long in the tooth) pros. It will catch up with us.

We're building nothing.

Last edited:

Thing is in his religion both homophobia and gambling are forbidden. He had no problem with Sport Pesa on a jersey, presumably wouldn’t with Stake, yet refused to wear a rainbow jersey. That suggests a pretty deep rooted bigotry. We are or should be an inclusive club and if he opposes those values it’s a no from me.
That’s a good point actually

Status
Not open for further replies.