Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would’ve liked to see Broja on loan, or another young striker..

But I’m pretty happy with the window overall.

Maupay is a perfectly good striker for when Dominic Calvert-Lewin is out (back soon anyway), and Gordon has proven that he can do it up top too.

A massive positive for me is that we seem to have some funds left, and we didn’t panic buy the wrong player. I can see us spending well on a player in January.

Gueye, Onana, Iwobi is as exciting a midfield as we’ve had in ages too.

It would be madness so not play 4 at the back given our midfield strength now, but our first 11 are competitive and balanced.

View attachment 181653
No mate thats relegation material that!

Have you not seen the squads that these have
Bournemouth
Forest
Villa
Fulham
Brighton
Palace
Leicester
Southampton
Brentford
Leeds
Wolves

lollollollol

Richarlison was best off the left, we haven’t replaced that player.

Maupay is a back up striker for us who is replacing Rondon.
He played 7 times on the lw last season, and 25 times as CF (I'm not denying he is better on the left mind, but he didn't play there much last season).

I'm also not sure lampard wanted to replace him like for like. Gordon's best position is on the left as well and Lampard has made it clear he is our key player. So really, Gordon is his replacement and lampard is likely hoping he doubles his return and mcneil chips in more. (With dcl getting double figures and maupay getting 5/6).

Would’ve liked to see Broja on loan, or another young striker..

But I’m pretty happy with the window overall.

Maupay is a perfectly good striker for when Dominic Calvert-Lewin is out (back soon anyway), and Gordon has proven that he can do it up top too.

A massive positive for me is that we seem to have some funds left, and we didn’t panic buy the wrong player. I can see us spending well on a player in January.

Gueye, Onana, Iwobi is as exciting a midfield as we’ve had in ages too.

It would be madness so not play 4 at the back given our midfield strength now, but our first 11 are competitive and balanced.

View attachment 181653

We don’t think Garner will start - he’s a deep lying play maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.