Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're better than we ended the season last season in midfield and defence. Even up top with Maupay and DCL. Richy not being replaced with a goalscoring winger is a concern but let's see how things work out. 7 out of 10 window for me

It's defend our way to 17th , but the defence just doesn't seem that solid at all.
We haven’t conceded many though, I’m happy with the defence and I’m sure it will get stronger. Midfield is exciting but just let’s hope the forward players can come up with the goods. I have a feeling maupay may surprise us with a few goals.

Because I'm not sure McNeil was a direct replacement for Richarlison. Selling Richarlison (who didn't want to stay) has enabled us to strengthen both defence and midfield extremely well.
That’s quite ridiculous I’m afraid.

It’s like selling an international goalkeeper, buying a keeper from Kettering Town and then splashing the rest of the cash on forwards and midfielders.

On your logic, when criticised for not replacing the goalie adequately, the club would turn round and say the guy we signed from Kettering Town isn’t a direct replacement and selling the goalie allowed us to strengthen other positions.

It wasn't just Richarlison's goals, he brought so much more to this team.
I agree with that but his work was so evident because of the clear lack of it almost everywhere else on the pitch. In my opinion we’ve almost replaced his goals with Maupay, however we’ve surpassed his work rate with additions all over the rest of the team. I think if you look at the profile of every single player we’ve brought in this window then you’ll find an incredibly hard worker every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.