Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I tend to agree on the last part re/ Chelsea.

I want Gordon to stay badly, those two arriving would lessen the blow a lot though, still rather we kept him though.

I think the club will probably insist on Broja on loan, and Gallacher for a sensible fee, say 25m or so (maybe have to give a buyback option). Can see a fair bit of action from us.

it is lunacy to suggest that this squad, as it is, is good enough to stay up.

We put a strong team out against Fleetwood and we looked like a league 1 team.

I think we will do well to score 25 goals.

Even with Dominic Calvert-Lewin fit, who is going to create?

It is that bad that we are really missing Townsend.

Red Kev should be fired now for the McNeil transfer.

I dont trust this lot with the soon to be Gordon funds.

What is happening us is just and right. Pure Darwinism. You can not abuse a club as much as we have been abused and not pay the consequences.
Did we?

Only Patterson started out of the back 6 players.

No Gordon, no dcl so starting rondon, so that's 7 of the team who aren't considered starting 11. Only iwobi, onana (who is still getting match fit and hadn't played a full 90), patterson and at a push gray would be considered first team starters from that team.

We also looked fairly comfortable as a team (not league 1 standard). Issue is the finishing and lack of threat in the box.

That's what we need to sort with the last week and whatever funds we have. Someone who can finish.

I understand your take mate, but I don't think we will be adrift.

The 3 promoted teams, us, Villa, Wolves, West Ham, Leicester, Southampton & Brentford all look similar to me. We look good defensively, but toothless in attack, though we will likely be adding at least one attacking player and getting Dominic Calvert-Lewin back.
We have been competitive in each match so far, and probably a little unfortunate to only have 1 point. There have been far worse sides than us thus far. But we do need to get some more potency in, and have a little bit more luck with injuries.
EIther way it is going to be a dogfight, and we are reliant on 3 teams being worse again, which is quite likely. Most years two promoted teams now go down, so it's a case of looking at 1 more.
I don't know how many times I can say this but we can't and don't score goals. The club seem utterly unconcerned about this but we have no creators and no goalscorers. Even if we manage to sign one it won't be enough, we need two, probably three but I have no faith that we will do that. The endgame with Moshiri, the Iranian Randy Lerner, was always going to be relegation and this year is the year.

It was interesting re Kudos, where Lampard said something like "we have 1 international loan left which I want to use". He seems very very aware of the number of loans we have outstanding and will use both. So can see 2 in there. Gana (Gueye) may still come later on and it's then what is available. Without Gordon's sale, may be very little.
One thing I will say, is I can't see Chelsea loaning is anyone if Gordon isn't sold. I can see deals for Gallacher and Broja happening (1 loan 1 permanent if Gordon does) and if I'm completely honest, I wouldn't be surprised if that was what was being negotiated now.
I could be wrong but I thought Lampard was referring to having 1 domestic loan left and wanted to use it, whether at Chelsea or another club. I don't think there is a limit on international loans, but we'd certainly have at least one available too.

We have potential to be top 10, if lots of things go well, as there are a lot of ordinary teams. I've justs aid the 3 promoted teams, Villa (Under Gerrard) Leciester, Southampton, Wolves, Brentford, Leeds, West Ham etc. That's over 10 teams there who I could see us finishing above. That's top half.
I know people say we are bad, which we are, but West Ham with Aaron Cresswell at Centre back and a european competition to navigate don't look too hot.
Agreed mate.

We have Dominic Calvert-Lewin back soon, Gray who will get a few, Iwobi who will get a few.

also if we are discounting that we will get more in we have to discount that we will lose any I.e Gordon
I don't understand how you have so much faith in both the players at the club and the club itself despite all of the evidence to the contrary. We are about to go into our fifth match with no forwards. This club are not an institution to have faith in.

I don't know how many times I can say this but we can't and don't score goals. The club seem utterly unconcerned about this but we have no creators and no goalscorers. Even if we manage to sign one it won't be enough, we need two, probably three but I have no faith that we will do that. The endgame with Moshiri, the Iranian Randy Lerner, was always going to be relegation and this year is the year.

I would agree there are limited goals. But then there were last year. Yet Brighton scored about 40 and finished top half as they are good defensively. There are different ways to do it.

I'm not sure Moshiri's reign would automatically end in relegation.
And with respect, on multiple occasions over the last 12 months, peoplem said we were definitely down last year. I always maintained we weren't. And we aren't now. We are one of 8-10 teams that could get relegated. We are a flawed teams, in a league full of flawed teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.