Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have potential to be top 10, if lots of things go well, as there are a lot of ordinary teams. I've justs aid the 3 promoted teams, Villa (Under Gerrard) Leciester, Southampton, Wolves, Brentford, Leeds, West Ham etc. That's over 10 teams there who I could see us finishing above. That's top half.
I know people say we are bad, which we are, but West Ham with Aaron Cresswell at Centre back and a european competition to navigate don't look too hot.
Half of those teams have squads with much better players and the others are higher in confidence as they don’t have baggage that our squad brings. We have or are about to lose our two best attacking threats from last season and we’ve scored 2 goals in 4 games. I don’t see what your seeing sorry.

I don't understand how you have so much faith in both the players at the club and the club itself despite all of the evidence to the contrary. We are about to go into our fifth match with no forwards. This club are not an institution to have faith in.
I have been around the block … ?

my view is to Ask what could go right. Not everything will be crap always. DCL will be back. Will he stay fit, dunno. Will he score 15, dunno, but I choose the believe there are worse squads in this league than us. Southampton for one

Half of those teams have squads with much better players and the others are higher in confidence as they don’t have baggage that our squad brings. We have or are about to lose our two best attacking threats from last season and we’ve scored 2 goals in 4 games. I don’t see what your seeing sorry.

Well of course a lot of those squads have baggage. We don't have a monopoly on baggage. If anything our squad have a spirit of coming from the brink to survive. Clubs like Leicester, Wolves and West Ham only seem to have negative momentum.

We have scored 3 goals in 4 games.
We have lost a lot of goals in Richarlison, and will lose some goals in Gordon. We should get some goals from DCL to help bridge it, and hopefully from whoever we bring in. We also look a lot better defensively, and in midfield than last season.
A lot depends on who we can get in, but in most scenario's I see us struggling, though we are long way from certainties for the drop.

French paper L'Equippe is reporting that Nkounkou was extended and off on loan to Cardiff City.

I know this isn't the exciting news everyone is looking for, but it just seems like people are suddenly being moved to make room for new transfers, so don't lose hope yet.

I would agree there are limited goals. But then there were last year. Yet Brighton scored about 40 and finished top half as they are good defensively. There are different ways to do it.

I'm not sure Moshiri's reign would automatically end in relegation.
And with respect, on multiple occasions over the last 12 months, peoplem said we were definitely down last year. I always maintained we weren't. And we aren't now. We are one of 8-10 teams that could get relegated. We are a flawed teams, in a league full of flawed teams.
If we were to only score 40 goals we will have to be much better defensively than we have been so far. In our first three league games we have conceded four goals, over a season at that rate we would concede 50 goals. If we only score 40 then we'll have big problems. We're not good enough at the back to be this bad up front.

I also disagree with your analysis that we're broadly comparable to 9 other teams. We are in a group with Bournemouth, Forest, Fulham, Southampton in my opinion. Everyone else is superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.