Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve gone from thinking this window was shaping up well when we signed Coady on loan and seemed to be addressing problem areas from last season, and now we seem to have reverted to ineptitude. It beggars belief that there has not been a sense of urgency to bring in a striker as a priority as soon as Calvert-Lewin was injured. We’re now going into our 4th game of the season with Rondon as the only option. The people who run our club never cease to amaze me. ‘Judge us at the end of the window’. We will. And it’s not looking good.
Did our lot actually realise the season starts before the end of the window when they said judge us at the end of the window?!..

Moshiri...'so these games we're losing now aren't pre-season, they're real games Bill?'

1661445461948.png

Should of just fkd the FFP took the 15 point deduction & kept Rico, if we lose the next 2 then it would of been a case of no better no worse, clubs a joke now, 3rd week into the season & no forwards, heads need to roll, not kin good enough.
I don't believe we ever had an option to do that, I believe Richarlison had been promised that he would be allowed to leave this summer and was allowed to play in the Olympics for Brazil, on the understanding that he would give us one more season. Last season.

We'll be adrift by then.

I understand your take mate, but I don't think we will be adrift.

The 3 promoted teams, us, Villa, Wolves, West Ham, Leicester, Southampton & Brentford all look similar to me. We look good defensively, but toothless in attack, though we will likely be adding at least one attacking player and getting DCL back.
We have been competitive in each match so far, and probably a little unfortunate to only have 1 point. There have been far worse sides than us thus far. But we do need to get some more potency in, and have a little bit more luck with injuries.
EIther way it is going to be a dogfight, and we are reliant on 3 teams being worse again, which is quite likely. Most years two promoted teams now go down, so it's a case of looking at 1 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.