Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not agree with this any more. Scary how fans turn on players after two games. Just pure stupidity on every level.

It was a reply to me suggesting we should have prioritised other areas for heavens sake. You’d think I’d asked for him to be put down.

As I’ve just said to other poster - we very clearly should have prioritised players that can score goals before a left midfielder.
But that’s not true though? One thing is certain this window from the beginning, we’ve prioritised getting Broja. It seems like we’re starting to hear about other targets now because we’re preparing to finally move on from him, which we should’ve ages ago.

McNeil is the same as Tarkowski for me, a player is available there right now that we want, he could be there at the end of the window but he could also be gone next week to someone else. Think if McNeil was specifically someone we wanted then it was the right move to go for him early.

In my opinion our lack of forward options is a fault of the club not moving on from a target that we probably only ever had a 10% chance of getting, I don’t think for a second that they haven’t been trying to get a forward in and I wouldn’t blame them for it either, I’d rather get the right man later than the wrong man now.

I do think *someone* should’ve been brought in by now though but again I suppose I wouldn’t want us getting someone just to fill a temporary role, especially on our budget all summer.

That the board are still here is a travesty. No need to wait to judge until end of window, they’ve done enough to ruin Everton in the past few years and only the fans digging them out prevented a catastrophic relegation.
Give them a break mate, they're trying their best. Every club is struggling with transfers and takes ages to get deals sorted.

Just look at Forest, only been able to bring in 16 players in a week.

Probably asking themselves what the everton board would do right about now.

There'll be a massive negative net spend here this summer. The cash off Richarlison + Gordon is likely to be well over £100M (maybe a fee for others too like Begovic) and I cant see Everton spending £60M of it.

Moshiri must think that the Benitez thing last season was largely responsible for the relegation nightmare and that having a popular manager in and a few new faces the club will keep in the PL with ease. That's going to be severely tested even if we do get a halfways decent striker in.
Net spend atm is +£6.5m

He looks a talent. Bit akin to Mount? Looks like he's on the left in these clips... Dare I suggest Gordon replacement?

Really like the look of him. Looks like he can play CAM or on the left. In the current 3421 he'd be a good Gordon replacement as the two "wingers" look to be playing quite narrow a lot of the time so someone who can function as a sort of wide attacking midfielder rather than winger is ideal.

No idea how much they'd want for him mind you.

Really like the look of him. Looks like he can play CAM or on the left. In the current 3421 he'd be a good Gordon replacement as the two "wingers" look to be playing quite narrow a lot of the time so someone who can function as a sort of wide attacking midfielder rather than winger is ideal.

No idea how much they'd want for him mind you.
They signed him for €16-19 mil , of course they'd want a return on that.

And best of luck trying to do a deal with their President.

Status
Not open for further replies.