Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question mate, does the fact we only paid 4million up front lessen the impact of POTENTIALLY having to find another 16million for him in the next few years?

Let's hope the rest was based on goal and assist add-ons because we'll never have to pay that.

The money spent on McNeil just seems so bizarre given we seem to be scrambling around in the bargain bin
Can you not give the lad a chance at least? It’s hardly fair to say that we’ve wasted the £15m or whatever on McNeil despite him still being young and having played in the PL consistently but then loads of people, myself included, are buzzing after spending £30m on Onana after 15 minutes for us and only like 10 starts last year.

Really bad form in my opinion to be talking about a player like this already. I don’t care who a player is, what their experience is and who they’ve played for before. Once they get in the door here I’ll give them at least a reasonable chance to make a good impression or until something absolutely catastrophic happens.

McNeil has been no worse than any of our other forwards so far this season, even as well when he’s the only one that hasn’t played with a striker on the pitch yet and generally speaking what we paid for him was nothing in the grand scheme of things. Even if we add more quality and he just ends up being a squad player or option off the bench this year £15m is still nothing.

Im not going to triple check my figures, so there will be errors.

Richarlison 60m 70k a week BANKED

Tarks 80k a week, 4m to Burnley.
McNeil 20m, 50k a week
Coady 80k a week, 12m fee
Vingare 25k a week, 12m fee
Onana 80k a week, 33m fee

5m Agent fees
53m on fees, 24m on fees next summer
12m in wages

Ignoring the fee we REALLY didnt pay to Burnley, not factoring in signing on fees

A grand total of 94million English pounds.

Can you not give the lad a chance at least? It’s hardly fair to say that we’ve wasted the £15m or whatever on McNeil despite him still being young and having played in the PL consistently but then loads of people, myself included, are buzzing after spending £30m on Onana after 15 minutes for us and only like 10 starts last year.

Really bad form in my opinion to be talking about a player like this already. I don’t care who a player is, what their experience is and who they’ve played for before. Once they get in the door here I’ll give them at least a reasonable chance to make a good impression or until something absolutely catastrophic happens.

McNeil has been no worse than any of our other forwards so far this season, even as well when he’s the only one that hasn’t played with a striker on the pitch yet and generally speaking what we paid for him was nothing in the grand scheme of things. Even if we add more quality and he just ends up being a squad player or option off the bench this year £15m is still nothing.

As I’ve just said to other poster - we very clearly should have prioritised players that can score goals before a left midfielder.

Serious question mate, does the fact we only paid 4million up front lessen the impact of POTENTIALLY having to find another 16million for him in the next few years?
The point is that's why that deal was done because they accepted a small fee up front, I didn't comment on the player. Personally I would have got Dennis a month ago instead but what do I know.

Could not agree with this any more. Scary how fans turn on players after two games. Just pure stupidity on every level.

Doubt we have the money to get Elmas in. If we're genuinely interested in that kind of player I wouldn't be surprised to see us linked with Aouar.

Status
Not open for further replies.