Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew there would be a load of negativity over Adams.

He'll be cheap. He's hungry. He works extremely hard. He's physical. He won't object to being second fiddle on DCL's return to fitness.

Loan with an option strikes me as an excellent opportunity. A much better option than the Swede from Coventry

Yeah, I think due to heads falling off, some folk are missing where it says loan-to-buy.

Yeah I know Jazz. Just making an observation. ?

Who's your pick of the strikers linked? I liked the look of the young French lad but that boat seems to have sailed. Couple of CC supporters have been on to say they think he'd do well in the Prem. Looks a handful.
Kalimuendo ? Looks a talent but a bit small to play the lone striker role.

Given our limited resources I'd go for Brereton Diaz

He'll be cheap. He's hungry. He works extremely hard. He's physical. He won't object to being second fiddle on DCL's return to fitness.

Loan with an option strikes me as an excellent opportunity. A much better option than the Swede from Coventry
As a replacement for Dom, Adams really isn't one. If we're confident in Dom's long term fitness he'd offer something a bit different, or indeed at certain times would probably be very effective playing off him.

Kalimuendo ? Looks a talent but a bit small to play the lone striker role.

Given our limited resources I'd go for Brereton Diaz
Blackburn. Isn't he in the last year if his contract? Surprised nobody else has been in for him.

I'm looking for somebody to play with DCL rather than replace him Jazz.

Wonder if we've got one more tasty forward addition coming...seems like most of these links are just short term cover for Dom and long term backups. I wonder if we're after both - we should be. We can't be counting on Dom to come back healthy and start slotting in goals.

Could it be Pulisic? Terrier? Broja? Or maybe someone out of the blue.

Not really. Unlike the Coventry lad, he's had his go at the top and has proven himself to be incredibly poor. If we are only looking for a forward who doesn't score but runs round a lot, them we will be in another dogfight. We have to add some quality.

And the second-fiddle shouldn't matter, we should be signing someone who could conceivably replace/push DCL to be better. Not a signing who is so awful, that he will add nothing and DCL will just walk back in. We already have forwards who work hard and add nothing in terms of productivity in McNeil and Gordon.

Adams or Gurassiy on loan would be ok, it’s only to deputise for Dom anyway and hopefully he’s back and firing in 6 weeks. No point spending money when we don’t have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.