Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cov fan here.

Gyok had performances last season where he looked miles beyond Championship level. His goal return is not a reflection on how good a CF he is. Some strikers will score you goals but provide little else, that is the opposite of Gyokeres. Though he's improving at scoring, and suspect this season if he stays he's bagging 25 goals. You only have to look at some of the Championship success stories in recent years to know that if you're consistently quality at that level, you can convert it to the PL. Crucially his energy and athleticism is PL level, and probably good at that. If Lampard wants to press he can do it with Gyokeres.
What's an actual realistic fee for him do you think? All fans over rate their own player's values but do you think he'd move to us for under £10m? Sounds like the ideal sort of player for us but wouldn't be paying a mad fee for a player at this stage, can't imagine Coventry would have very much bargaining power too in this situation?

Good hold up play, seems rapid and strong. The goalkeeping is bordering on negligible but could be an astute cheap option.

The flick at 55 seconds was tasty. He also adds further height.

Guirassy is decent, but I'm still holding out hope for an exciting forward addition such as Terrier. We can dream can't wehave

Guirassy is decent, but I'm still holding out hope for an exciting forward addition such as Terrier. We can dream can't we?
when i look at his you tube i tend to think the same. This seems like a DCL back up, but he is not the Richarlison replacement. So wither we buy another wide forward of attacking midfielder for the starting 11. This guy will do as long as Dom is out and we have nothing better.

….it’s a very interesting comparison with Simms. You have to wonder if he’d still have been sent on loan post-injury to DCL.
Yes, but surely we knew some sort of injury to DCL was coming. Admittedly, we may not have suspected it quite so soon but the odds of him being unavailable for a stretch or two were quite high.

I guess the answer to that though is we were rolling the dice for Broja late in the window.

This compilation has me a bit more positive

The only major issue is that I think we have oversubscribed on our quota of players with surnames beginning with the letter G (5 if Gueye signs).
Points deduction if we hit 6 so I think we would have to move Gomes or Gbamin out first.

Gray
Gordon
Gomes
Godfrey
Gbamin

Already sitting at 5, Gueye will make it 6

Yes but he probably should be .

He doesn't lives in Russia like the OP Fred
Yeah I know Jazz. Just making an observation. ?

Who's your pick of the strikers linked? I liked the look of the young French lad but that boat seems to have sailed. Couple of CC supporters have been on to say they think he'd do well in the Prem. Looks a handful.

What's an actual realistic fee for him do you think? All fans over rate their own player's values but do you think he'd move to us for under £10m? Sounds like the ideal sort of player for us but wouldn't be paying a mad fee for a player at this stage, can't imagine Coventry would have very much bargaining power too in this situation?
Yeah hard to say. The fans would probably want high teens, and for me he's worth more than £10m, but there's a decent amount of risk involved your side if you're paying much more than that, and unless there's another PL club involved it would be hard to drive the price too much higher. If you offered £10-12m up front, with a decent sell on fee, I expect we'd accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.