Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Simms would’ve been seen as a long term solution to replace DCL, but then nor am I convinced the Swedish lad will necessarily be much, much better.

Sending Simms on loan probably the right thing to do but, knowing Rondon was suspended, should’ve been done later. Simms on loan could’ve also been a very useful bargaining chip for, say, signing Coventry’s striker.

….was thinking similar (using Simms in the deal with Coventry).

i don’t think the club is convinced with Simms, even if they accept he’s a better option than Rondon.

Don't mind this deal at all to be honest, despite what his compilations look like an all that he still did get nearly 20 goals in a league last season. We all rave about how much of a loss Calvert Lewin is for us when he's not fit but if you actualy put him in a compilation he scores some properly crap goals but a goal is a goal.

Spending just £10m on him also suggests one of three things.
1. That's all we've got left and are spending it on him.
2. We're spending lower on him and leaving more for another experienced player on a loan
3. We're spending low on him as a prospect buy but are trying to structure a bigger more complicated deal for someone like Terrier

Personally I think 1 is unlikely as I think if he was the only one with that price we'd probably go after someone else cheap with experience like Batshauyi or someone like that.

2 is the most like and I think is what we'll be doing, he'd be a player to come in and do a job and grow for a year or so, with a more Richy type player coming in playing regularly enough.

3 is dream scenario obviously and with the way this window has gone for us I don't even think it's out of the realm of possibility. I think getting a lad like him in now that can immediately start helping the squad will allow us to get to basically right to the deadline trying to sort a higher profile player and work on a single deal for weeks if needed without much pressure to complete it as we know this lad is here already. Would also massively help our bargaining power too, if teams know we're desperate for a forward they'll take us for a ride, if they know we have options already they're less likely to mess us about and just get the deal done instead.

You're not far from me Bob, good fishing to be had on Lough swilly.Great weather eh.
Absolute outstanding weather. Hadn’t been down for year but we rented a wee cottage and we’ll be back before too long.

I haven’t fished for years but would love to get a go at it again. Would be a good reason to head off and leave the wife and kids for the day….. well, maybe not a good reason but ya know yourself…..

In the harbour inn for a bite of lunch, into letterkenny for a wee look round then back and put the feet up.

Don't mind this deal at all to be honest, despite what his compilations look like an all that he still did get nearly 20 goals in a league last season. We all rave about how much of a loss Calvert Lewin is for us when he's not fit but if you actualy put him in a compilation he scores some properly crap goals but a goal is a goal.

2. We're spending lower on him and leaving more for another experienced player on a loan
3. We're spending low on him as a prospect buy but are trying to structure a bigger more complicated deal for someone like Terrier

Personally I think 1 is unlikely as I think if he was the only one with that price we'd probably go after someone else cheap with experience like Batshauyi or someone like that.

2 is the most like and I think is what we'll be doing, he'd be a player to come in and do a job and grow for a year or so, with a more Richy type player coming in playing regularly enough.

3 is dream scenario obviously and with the way this window has gone for us I don't even think it's out of the realm of possibility. I think getting a lad like him in now that can immediately start helping the squad will allow us to get to basically right to the deadline trying to sort a higher profile player and work on a single deal for weeks if needed without much pressure to complete it as we know this lad is here already. Would also massively help our bargaining power too, if teams know we're desperate for a forward they'll take us for a ride, if they know we have options already they're less likely to mess us about and just get the deal done instead.
Yeah I’d like to think it would at worst be scenario 2 if not 3. This guy alone does not guarantee the quality we need to compete in the PL. He could only be part of the solution.

Important that whether the second move is permanent or loan that if Gyokeres is the first guy the second guy we get has a bit of versatility. There’s just no point paying Rondon, paying Gyokeres to be better than Rondon, paying, say, Broja to be better than Rondon and Gyokeres, and paying DCL to be better than all of them, but only half the time.

It would have to be mostly upfront as Boro have already had an £8m bid rejected earlier this summer ?
In those situations you can often see a player choosing a bigger club and basically forcing their own clubs hand to accept a lower bid than they would to a rival. Same reason you're more likely to sell players to a foreign league than to a PL rival for a premium, Coventry selling him to Boro weakens their team whilst strengthens Boro's, selling to us only weakens them.

Also with the player he mighn't be too fussed with going to Boro as they're just a mid table club at the minute comapred to us who are a full division better who he'd probably be desperate to move to. Like with Richy this summer with us, Spurs offered probably below what we'd have liked but he was desperate to move to a Champions League club, if Southampton or Wolves both came in and offered £60m we'd probably have rejected it, could've got more and he probably wouldn't have cared much to move.

Seeing the same thing with Gibbs White and Forest at the minute, £40m for him at the minute is a ridiculous price but Wolves have all the power, if even just Arsenal or someone wanted him though he'd probably go for £25m because he'd kick up a fuss. Same with Maddison to Newcastle for £50m+, another ridiculous sum.

These are actually prime examples of how unfair FFP and all that has been and why it's totally unbalanced against non established European clubs, the "top 6" can pay less for better players because of their allure of European football, an allure that they can guarantee because they can outspend other teams, teams that they can outspend becasue they can spend less for better. It's a vicious cycle.

I just can’t see option 2 unless another attacking player is leaving.

Richy will have been ‘replaced’ in the front line in my view by McNeill (wide player) and whoever comes in as backup striker (this young lad).

That will leave DCL, new player, Rondon as the central striking options.

McNeill, Dele Gray Gordon as wide attacking options. Iwobi at a push.

That will be 7 players for three forward positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.