Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbs White, Gallacher, Dele, Gordon

We seem to be trying to add some goals to the midfield at least

Gibbs whites interesting as is Gallacher - both number 8s in essence but both young enough to perhaps mould into a different role going forwards.

A team containing those 4 and DCL up top - only issue is what bloody formation would they fit into...

What I do like though is targeting players who've gone out on loan at a good standard and become at 21/22 the key player for that loan team - shows they have a decent character and desire about them on top of the talent. Both MGW and Gallacher won the player of the seasons award and players player ones too (which shows their character a bit in the squad).

Same way mount did the same at derby, Lukaku at both us and west Brom on loan, de bruyne at Hamburg etc a few other Chelsea players have done that too who went on to really develop well.

It's a good strategy to employ imo, it shows the players got a but of a hunger about them to go and make himself invaluable to a team he's only a temporary addition too.

To be fair there’s not much else to talk about with regard to summer transfers other than Tarkowski and that’s already been sufficiently discussed.
Im equally frustrated with the club, just trying to keep topics within relevant threads, finding myself reading arguments regarding topics nothing to do with transfers. Not trying to be negative. The problem with the club is it creates negative emotions with how pathetic it is ran. Many of us end up arguing out of shear frustration. I apologise for sounding miserable (I am as it happens) will try harder ?

Gibbs White, Gallacher, Dele, Gordon

We seem to be trying to add some goals to the midfield at least

Gibbs whites interesting as is Gallacher - both number 8s in essence but both young enough to perhaps mould into a different role going forwards.

A team containing those 4 and DCL up top - only issue is what bloody formation would they fit into...

What I do like though is targeting players who've gone out on loan at a good standard and become at 21/22 the key player for that loan team - shows they have a decent character and desire about them on top of the talent. Both MGW and Gallacher won the player of the seasons award and players player ones too (which shows their character a bit in the squad).

Same way mount did the same at derby, Lukaku at both us and west Brom on loan, de bruyne at Hamburg etc a few other Chelsea players have done that too who went on to really develop well.

It's a good strategy to employ imo, it shows the players got a but of a hunger about them to go and make himself invaluable to a team he's only a temporary addition too.
Agreed, we just need to sign them both which might be difficult because it's us.

4A22BB6D-0C11-4BA5-8EE7-570AC0FDCD67.jpeg

54C080F2-5FE7-4C9C-B398-3117F8660187.jpeg

Wondering mate where you think the plan would be to play MGW, especially as it's a given Lampard will try everything he can to get Gallacher in too if there's even a sniff he's available

And factoring in both Dele and Gordon seem to be integral this season coming

….ha, ha, I read you struggling to see how they’d all fit into a system & I’m similar.

The club appears to be raising Gordon’s profile, lots on their social media platforms of him being given no10. Does that mean Lampard seeing his future as a conventional no10, I know some coaches always felt that would ultimately be his position. Probably not, but who knows.

Given financial restraints, maybe it’s MGW or Gallagher. Indication from that link is Gallagher might not be available until late in the window or not at all. Regardless, they are all attack minded who could be most effective in more central positions. We might be reliant on width provided by wing-backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.