Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been exceptional for Utd today. If we could get him in the summer I'd be made up.

….Wan-Bissaka plays for arguably the biggest football franchise in the world, has just won an FA Cup, is playing European football next season and is in the fantastic position of United having triggered the one season left on his contract.

The thought of Everton being in a financial position to buy him is fanciful. The thought of him wanting to leave for Everton this summer is for the birds.

If posters have aspirational targets they should at least be realistic and best captured in the thread about players you’d like us to sign.

….Wan-Bissaka plays for arguably the biggest football franchise in the world, has just won an FA Cup, is playing European football next season and is in the fantastic position of United having triggered the one season left on his contract.

The thought of Everton being in a financial position to buy him is fanciful. The thought of him wanting to leave for Everton this summer is for the birds.

If posters have aspirational targets they should at least be realistic and best captured in the thread about players you’d like us to sign.
Welcome to the Summer Transfer Window Eggs.

Enjoy the stay.

I promised myself I would try and refrain from laughing at peoples suggestions this year, for the birds seems the best way to describe it.

You get hundreds of posts from our fans like the one you responded too, we have such a deluded fan base. So many unrealistic targets.
I still can’t believe how many expected Mourinho instead of Dyche.

i'd love for us to buy Oliver Provstgaard from Vejle. Left-footed centre back, 20 years old and has played almost every game in the Danish top flight over the last two seasons.

Big, strong and fast, with decent passing range.

Loan him out like we did with Jarrad and he could be great in a couple of years.

i'd love for us to buy Oliver Provstgaard from Vejle. Left-footed centre back, 20 years old and has played almost every game in the Danish top flight over the last two seasons.

Loan him out like we did with Jarrad and he could be great in a couple of years.
I hope that we go out this window and bring a player in for cb like a van den berg and have them around squad. As most likely they will be the starting cb the season after with JB prob leaving. If we have the money should be done as would give them time and us to prepare then look to bring in another cb to do the same again.

Like, in the "summer transfer thread?"

Righto, I'll pop my perfectly valid point in that thread then...

Oh, hang on....

I've not been posting on here long but I've never told someone to "jog on" like that Eggs. Cheers dude, I'll get back in my box.

Wan-Bissaka is a perfectly reasonable suggestion given that many people have pointed out that he is offensively limited and Utd have been linked with numerous other world class defenders. I hear they are after a "generational talent" from Everton who is rated by their fans at £100 million but Utd themselves have PSR issues to deal with. I wonder if they might include a player who hasn't started every week since they signed him and is nowhere the national side as part of the deal?

That's an interesting thought....

I want a random triallist like the good old days when we could excited by a reported USA wonder kid who would play a friendly then never, ever be heard of again.
Who was the Italian kid we signed under moyes? We had him on trial and it was understood we were unlikely to be signing him. Then he scored in a pre season game a he ended up signing, I remember everyone being dead excited thinking “this lad must have turned a few heads”. Never kicked a ball for us.

This has to be our policy until we are financially stable.

I want a random triallist like the good old days when we could excited by a reported USA wonder kid who would play a friendly then never, ever be heard of again.

Was a bit older but Brian McBride was excellent in that short loan spell before getting injured. Came back a year later to sign for Fulham and was excellent for them for many years.

Could really do with that type of targetman for next season.

Edit: Just checked and he was nearly 31 when he had that loan spell (4 goals in 8 games). Was a weird thing back then when MLS held registration of players rather than clubs so was really tricky to get players from that league at the time.

Is that lad Adam Idah from Norwich on loan at Celtic worth looking at?

Celtic look to have been quoted £5M to sign him on a permanent deal and Rodgers doesn't sound too hopeful of doing the deal.