Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's looked like one of the fitter players so far this pre-season. It's obvious that he got through a lot of work over the hols to report back in the shape he did.

I haven't bee able to watch the friendlies in full, just the highlights.

Knowing Rooney he prob wants to prove a point to all the people who doubt him and force his way back in to the England team for the World Cup.

Really hope he hits the ground running. It'll take the pressure off him and other teams will start to worry about playing us.

Spot on. If he proves myself and others wrong, then that only means good things. But he hasn't done anything of note for a long time, either in a united shirt or England one. There's a reason he's been shut out of both. We'll find out just how influential he can be once the season starts, as our fixtures present the perfect challenge.

It's unfair to use one game as an example, but I'll do it anyway. Google his stats from the game against Watford last year when United lost 3-1. I saw it live, and it was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a player. Admittedly the result is not all his fault, but the stats were just a microcosm of the overall decline in his game since around the time Fergie left, if not even earlier. It'll take more than a few preseason goals before we can announce that the messiah is resurrected.

Nothing of note for a long time? You mean apart from breaking the United scoring record... and being mom in the semi final against us and making a goal line clearance from lukaku in the first 10 mins of that game? As well as being mom in th Fa cup final?

Nothing of note for a long time? You mean apart from breaking the United scoring record... and being mom in the semi final against us and making a goal line clearance from lukaku in the first 10 mins of that game? As well as being mom in th Fa cup final?

He has indeed broken their record. On the back of diminishing returns, and possibly his worst premier league season of all time last year. Let's be clear, United did not want him and that's why he's here. Hopefully that's a mistake on their part and a massive coup for us. Two games in the FA cup do not cover up an overall decline in his game these last few years. He's gone through so many dry spells recently in regards to scoring- which given we've just lost our top scorer concerns me a lot. You have to go back to 2011-12 to find a season when he scored over 20 goals across all comps.

I want to be clear, I'm not writing him off, I'm just not convinced. I understand that for every game I could name, other posters like yourself could name games where he played well. The fact it's a mixed bag sums up the situation. A few pre season goals doesn't change that.

I'd love to see Timmy back as well!!
But Hibbo and Wazza are scousers, they hold extra special place in our L4 collective heart.
God, what I'd give to have Hibbo back...he scores, we riot!!!!!

Big fan of the Wazza shouts here

How about also WaRo, WazRoon, RoonBlue, W-Ro-Ro?

Oh dear I just vomited on my phone

His influence is still there, both on and off the pitch. Between him, Klaassen and Sandro we played some boss stuff going forward at times yesterday.

He has indeed broken their record. On the back of diminishing returns, and possibly his worst premier league season of all time last year. Let's be clear, United did not want him and that's why he's here. Hopefully that's a mistake on their part and a massive coup for us. Two games in the FA cup do not cover up an overall decline in his game these last few years. He's gone through so many dry spells recently in regards to scoring- which given we've just lost our top scorer concerns me a lot. You have to go back to 2011-12 to find a season when he scored over 20 goals across all comps.

I want to be clear, I'm not writing him off, I'm just not convinced. I understand that for every game I could name, other posters like yourself could name games where he played well. The fact it's a mixed bag sums up the situation. A few pre season goals doesn't change that.
I disagree that he's been in long term decline. Last season was a nightmare in my view cos he knew he wasn't wanted. Just like when van Persie arrived his form went in the bin. But then iit took off again when Moyes made a fuss of him, he needs to be loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.