Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to remember that this was only our 3rd pre season friendly today, and that Roo didn't play that much last season. He looks in much better shape than I expected him to be, and I thought he did well today and stayed on for longer than I expected. He clearly is up for it, wants to make a success of it, and I think he will. The thought of him , Sandro and Giroud (hopefully) being supplied by Siggurdsson (again hopefully), and being joined by Klaasen with well timed bursts into the box ..... well, well.
These are exciting times to be a blue, and I for one am made up.

For the last 4-5 years he was getting worse and worse for utd so they were right. For the level they're looking for he's not good enough anymore. I'm not convinced he will be a top player for us. Yes he scored a goal against Genk, but he wasn't that good.

If he's our 'important' player this year then 7th is the max.
We should romp to seventh like we did last year.The squad we have this year with incomings should be knocking on the door for top 6.

For the last 4-5 years he was getting worse and worse for utd so they were right. For the level they're looking for he's not good enough anymore. I'm not convinced he will be a top player for us. Yes he scored a goal against Genk, but he wasn't that good.

Spot on. If he proves myself and others wrong, then that only means good things. But he hasn't done anything of note for a long time, either in a united shirt or England one. There's a reason he's been shut out of both. We'll find out just how influential he can be once the season starts, as our fixtures present the perfect challenge.

It's unfair to use one game as an example, but I'll do it anyway. Google his stats from the game against Watford last year when United lost 3-1. I saw it live, and it was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a player. Admittedly the result is not all his fault, but the stats were just a microcosm of the overall decline in his game since around the time Fergie left, if not even earlier. It'll take more than a few preseason goals before we can announce that the messiah is resurrected.

Nobody said he's our important player but his experience alone will be huge.

I was against signing him but early signs show I'll leave player judging to Walsh and Koeman. Needs to be used sensibly we need him for big games and maybe in cameos when chasing games. He has played a lot of football in his career. I would like to see an out and out striker brought in so we can utilise him in number 10 role in some games.

Too hard to tell how good he'll be yet.

It's only when the season starts and everyone is going at it full pelt that we'll find out if he's got the legs still.

I was against signing him but now he's here I'll get behind him and hope he proves me wrong.

He's looked like one of the fitter players so far this pre-season. It's obvious that he got through a lot of work over the hols to report back in the shape he did.

He was on a different level to everyone out on that pitch.It's early day's but i think coming back to us has reignited something in Wayne.I think he will be eager to prove a point that he is not finished as a player, and of course winning a trophy with us will be the ultimate way to top off a brilliant career.

He's looked like one of the fitter players so far this pre-season. It's obvious that he got through a lot of work over the hols to report back in the shape he did.
I think Everton will motivate him to be fit, to play well and not go through the motions like he has for a few seasons at United. Like me, I'm really lazy, just walking the length of Church Street in town knackers me but when I'm out in Snowdonia I can get up the mountains no problem, it motivates me and means something, and playing at Goodison will for Rooney, this is going to be a great signing

He was on a different level to everyone out on that pitch.It's early day's but i think coming back to us has reignited something in Wayne.I think he will be eager to prove a point that he is not finished as a player, and of course winning a trophy with us will be the ultimate way to top off a brilliant career.

Correct.

Hard luck yesterday - We were at Páirc uí Chaoimh. Very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.