Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only were United happy for him to leave

They paid his contract off to get rid

Alarm Bell

And your point is? How many other players still with plenty to offer has Mourinho shipped out. He let the likes of De Bruyne and Lukaku go without giving them half a chance. Mourinho marginalised Rooney (and Mata at Chelsea was another he discarded) because he wanted to bring in bright young things like Pogba and now Lukaku - maybe he has got upgrades but his ruthless approach isn't always right.

I'm a bit meh about this, but, if we're going to seriously compete for the top six and take European football seriously, then we need a strong "best eleven", a strong bench and something in reserve too, so I can see how it might work.

..I can imagine the new signings will be chuffed with Rooney coming in. Good footballers love playing with good footballers and they will seriously look forward to being on the same pitch as Rooney because they know he will create effective partnerships.

Noticeable that gueye tweeted about twenty minutes after it was announced that he's looking forward to the new season. His last tweet before that was early June.

So I'd say it's not only the kids who are buzzing mate.

So I am from Ohio, USA.
Grew up a couple hours south of Cleveland.

Some of you will understand the comparison story of LeBron James and Rooney.

When James left our basketball team and how he did it; crushing. It destroyed the fan base. It ruined the franchise for years. First place to last place. Fans were angry and the ownership wrote a scathing letter demonizing the former player.

Then like the prodigal son he returned. The skeptics remained and the fans still had the scar from his "decision" but the boy came home a man. A little wiser, more seasoned. Matured. Thus the fans were a little more seasoned, a little wiser, matured.

For a franchise, for a city, for supporters who had never seen a trophy lifted for over 50 years... There was the "what if", just what if this year is the year for glory. Redemption.

It happened in his second year back. All the hurt was gone. Forgiveness granted. The guy from northern Ohio winning a title with his boyhood team.

I got to live that fairytale. Celebrate with the millions all because of this one man who had the courage to to seek redemption.

The parallels abound for Rooney.
He is older, wiser; matured.
Maybe he lost a step? Perhaps he will never regain his moment to shine or hoist a cup.

But what if... Just what if?

... God Iove a good sports story and to get to live it twice. Send me to bed with a smile.
What a time to be a Blue.

LFC fan here in peace. Just want to say, that is some good business you guys have done. Rooney if managed properly will be very good. Have been impressed with all the signings really.
If only you can sign one more genuine 1 in 2 match goal scorer, you can have a shot at top 4.

A very measured and respectful post by one of our lovable neighbours.

Now, release the hounds.

There's something I thought I'd never see again.....

WR.jpg

Before the inevitable idiotic reference to a 'United reject', here's the verdict of Mr Mourinho :

“It is no secret that I have long been an admirer of Wayne; he has been a model professional throughout his time at the club and will remain in the history books for many years to come. It is never easy to see a great player playing less football than he would like and I could not stand in his way when he asked to go back to Everton. His experience, focus and determination will be missed and I wish him well for the future.”

I was neither massively for not against this signing, I thought it would be a no brainer if the price is right and wages were acceptable which I think both issues are.

What a great opportunity Wayne now has over the next 2/3 years to hopefully put in some match winning performances not only for his kids who must be absolutely buzzing with their dad playkng for Everton, but hopefully for a lot of us who might now get the chance to put to bed the kick in the sack that it was when he left us.

I hope he does absolutely amazing for us I really do.

A bizarre feeling but I feel very emotional that he has returned, probably becsuse when he left that's the most gutted I've ever felt as an Evertonian.

Same here mate

Status
Not open for further replies.