Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, they had been following Suarez for months, and did not want to sell Torres. Andy C was the Torres replacement.have it your own way, no extended settling in period necessary, heaven help him if he doesn't stack up to your Torres levels of expectation from day one

Why then did they leave the signing of Suarez and Caroll both to deadline day the same day that Torres left mate?

Where have i said he will be like Torres from day 1 btw?

What i will say is i don't understand any Evertonian whose effectively saying don't expect anything from a player for two seasons, when the lads been starting 30+ games in a top division before moving

Sandro signed for us instead of a host of other clubs (Juve apparently) because he wanted first team football. He was given the number 9 shirt. I think he will be our first choice. I also think Rooney will play there when needed.
However, it is obvious that RK wants a target man, a plan B. That Belfoldi (or however it is spelt) was a big lump of a forward, and Giroud, Benteke, Dembele are also physical presences.
Giroud (for no more than £25m), Sandro, Rooney & DCL are great options I believe. Should be at least 25 goals between them.

was about 4 days between Suarez and Carroll being bought mate
Errrrm mate the first striker that Liverpool signed a couple of days after selling Torres was Luis Suarez yanno?

Speaking of Torres - he was only 22/23 when the rs signed him, moving to another country, a new league etc, he did alight first season though didn't he? btw Sandro scored the same number of goals as Torres did the season before moving in a much weaker Malaga team and in 6 games less...
At the risk of being pedantic mate, I was replying to the highlighted comments. The Carroll/Torres deals were both done quite late on deadline day and it's safe to assume they used the Torres money to finance Carroll.

Anyway. Back to Sandro. Agree with you 100% mate;)

Only going on YouTube vids, U21s and a gut feeling, but quietly confident about this lad. His movement in that tournament was really underappreciated.

Having watched Rom run in perpendicular lines for 3 years, it was a revelation to see Sandro running diagonals during that tournament (with timing, too). You never know, we may even have on our hands a striker who attacks the near post for the first time in years!!

is he over here training yet? are we likely to see him in the friendlies this week?
Only just returned from holiday. Reading the daily blog today, although they mention the Sharp interview (about Sandro's signing) it hasn't been mentioned that he's linked up with the squad today. Suppose there's a chance that he'll skip the Twente trip, as will Pickford.

Having watched Rom run in perpendicular lines for 3 years, it was a revelation to see Sandro running diagonals during that tournament (with timing, too). You never know, we may even have on our hands a striker who attacks the near post for the first time in years!!
I love a striker attacking the near post, strikers with pace and movement are so valuable.

I love a striker attacking the near post, strikers with pace and movement are so valuable.

It's just basics too. Making that run pulls a defender away and creates space in behind. You don't make that run every time, but you pick and choose when to and add diversity to the attack as a whole.

I think I saw Rom do it twice in his entire time here. He had (and has) truly shocking movement and it constantly baffled me as to how people couldn't see it, or - more likely - wilfully ignored it.

I saw Sandro show more positional awareness in one game in the U21 than I saw from Lukaku in three years.

It's just basics too. Making that run pulls a defender away and creates space in behind. You don't make that run every time, but you pick and choose when to and add diversity to the attack as a whole.

I think I saw Rom do it twice in his entire time here. He had (and has) truly shocking movement and it constantly baffled me as to how people couldn't see it, or - more likely - wilfully ignored it.

I saw Sandro show more positional awareness in one game in the U21 than I saw from Lukaku in three years.
Yeah for sure. I loved Rom with the ball at his feet running at people but his running off the ball was very poor. This lad looks to have a far stronger all round game.

Status
Not open for further replies.