Homepage Update: Everton reopen talks with Sam Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, we've seen where it leads.

Your lot got him in and now you're sat with Chris Coleman as manager, looking to stay in the Championship and avoid back to back relegations.

Bolton died. Blackburn died. Newcastle went down. West Ham are about to die. The long-term implications outweigh the short-term gain.
Thats not down to Sam though only an idiot would think this as is none of what happened at the other clubs

The interesting thing about this is, if the board wanted him then why didn't they hire him 5 weeks ago?

The second most interesting thing is, was it only between Silva and Allardyce?

Silva was always 1st choice. Sam backup. All down to seeing how Unsworth got on

That's how I see it. It's why Sam distanced himself after the Watford game (I think).

I think some of you need to get your heads out the sand. You're a total shambles all over the park and need someone who can make you solid and hard to beat at the minute
Its fair comment mate. Truth in what you say. Just not him.
If he keeps us up, I'll be relieved nothing more. Not a man I see as an Everton Manager. Only my opinion.
I'll get behind the team, which indirectly means I'd be getting behind him. If he gets the job I'll have to put up with it because all I want is Everton to do well. Unfortunately the first stage to this is sorting this current mess out.

Damage mate - did you see yesterday that’s real damage and we can’t go any lower.

Oh we can and we will. Unsworth has no respect from the players and he was a poor choice to oversee so many games, that was poor from the board, unbelievably poor. As soon as the decision was made that Koeman was going a replacement should have been lined up to ensure this mess on the pitch didn’t happen.

A half decent manager would get us out of trouble, especially with January round the corner to address the defence and striker.

Sam will now cosy up with Walsh, those 2 will have full control of Everton Football Club. Immediately gotten worse, the old boys of turgid, 80’s hoof ball controlling our club, from tactics to player recruitment.

Imagine that in 2018.

Will it be short term tho?
Gobsmacked with Big Sam but we need someone NOW. His he the answer don't know. Honestly don't know. Bit of a crook with England
Should we take a chance. May have too.Probably bring Shakespeare with him and I think he's alright myself. Done quite well with Leicester while in charge and was wrongly sacked in my eyes.Its grim the Team and if he gets us out of this mess and keeps us up we might need him !! Who else have we got.I can't see anyone up for the job.

tumblr_o55uke7ppJ1v11pzao1_500.gif

Too late mate, the RS got in there before us.

You don't have a crystal ball, and with respect have no idea if that will be the case or not.

All we can do is support our club, and support our manager. Allardyce or not, that's all we can do.

Negativity & false sense of entitlement won't help get us out of this mess

Sam Allardyce is a crook who has an awful management record and plays even worse football, no crystal ball needed

Any money Allardyce gets will be wasted on yard dogs, you're all failing to see the bigger picture. This short term fix will destroy us, it's what he does. We are not in such a state of distress that we need this kind of person at the club, there are many decent managers that would come here but maybe the owner isn't as serious about building something than he is protecting his cash.
Money has already been wasted in the summer anyway

Eh, we've seen where it leads.

Your lot got him in and now you're sat with Chris Coleman as manager, looking to stay in the Championship and avoid back to back relegations.

Bolton died. Blackburn died. Newcastle went down. West Ham are about to die. The long-term implications outweigh the short-term gain.
Sorry mate but people keep mentioning Bolton and it's annoying. Here's his Bolton seasons:
bolton.PNG

Silva was always 1st choice. Sam backup. All down to seeing how Unsworth got on

That's how I see it. It's why Sam distanced himself after the Watford game (I think).
I always thought that they hoped unsworth would do well [ish],and let him wing it till the end of the season till we got a new boss,but whats happened has made them do this,i thought dyche would be here myself

Status
Not open for further replies.