Homepage Update: Everton reopen talks with Sam Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, we've seen where it leads.

Your lot got him in and now you're sat with Chris Coleman as manager, looking to stay in the Championship and avoid back to back relegations.

Bolton died. Blackburn died. Newcastle went down. West Ham are about to die. The long-term implications outweigh the short-term gain.
Bolton died 5 years later so he can't be blamed for that. The others were in trouble anyway and would have gone down sooner without him.

Thats not down to Sam though only an idiot would think this as is none of what happened at the other clubs

There is quite literally a pattern between him managing a club and what happens when he leaves.

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 15.06.15.png

The interesting thing about this is, if the board wanted him then why didn't they hire him 5 weeks ago?

The second most interesting thing is, was it only between Silva and Allardyce?
Moshiri wanted Silva and tried his best. Walsh wanted Allardyce and Kenwright agreed with him. Like you say only 2 in the frame.

Getting Bolton in to Europe, keeping several teams up that looked doomed, all on limited funds, doesn't suggest he's a terrible manager. You might not like his style of football but he's got far more experience than someone like Silva who many would have been happy with.

I don't like the guy as a person but it's not a popularity contest otherwise we'd still have Martinez.

What I find amazing is that so many are still confident we won't go down, whoever we appoint, despite the shocking displays this season.
You're falling for the spin mate. 26 points from 21 games at Palace, 31 points from 30 at Sunderland. These aren't the figures of a man who is a dead cert to keep a team up, they're what you'd expect any idiot to be able to do. Even Unsworth is going at a point a game and he's the most clueless manager I've ever had the misfortune to see.

This is the position we are in unfortunately. I think he will sort this mess out. It won't be pretty buy I think he'll keep us up comfortably.

If he's apppinted we just need to get behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.