Homepage Update: Everton reopen talks with Sam Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be quite honest he wouldn't be my first choice. However I can see the utter turmoil we are in right now & it isn't going to be getting any better any time soon. We need to stop conceding 3,4,5 goals a game, and get back to basics. Allardyce is capable of this.

Stop being argumentative for the sake of it. We are in big trouble.

6 weeks have passed since sacking Koeman. No i don't work for the club, but you don't have to be an employee to know that who ever might of been out 1st, 2nd priorities CLEARLY are not interested otherwise they'd be in charge by now!

I have morals, and Fat Sam has none.

This is Everton Football Club, and it’s being run like an old boys club. It’s the start of irreversible damage.

I'd love to complain about potentially appointing Big Sam but we've had 2 managers now who preferred controlled football and complex tactical views and other than brief spells in both they have tailed off horrifically.

What's the harm in going back to rough old school football front to back and fighting for every ball, we certainly could use a bit more of this.

Just offer him at max a 2 year deal aslong as he keeps us up if it's not great bin him off in the summer for our standards a minimum compo fee or if it goes reasonably well and the fans embrace the football give him the 2nd year to try and build something.

+ Anyone that isn't Martin O'neill is a bonus

He’s not foreign and looks like Fred Flintstone so people are rightly going to be upset, but if we did get him I can have a sound night sleep knowing we are staying in this league.

And at the end of the day Everton comes first, not looks, hair, or a flashy overcoat.

He'll get exactly what he wants. Bill will even throw in Jenny every Thursday night if that's what he wants.
hqdefault.jpg

"Wanta dah moolee-rah...Kenwright"

Know what you're saying mate, but after just over 5 weeks we've ended up with one of those easier targets that's not showing enough ambition, and to make matters worse, Allardyce now holds all the cards in the negotiations.

At the end of the day though, until he's standing there, scarf held above head, it hasn't happened.

True, I think the club are really worried after the last couple of games.

Can't say I blame them though.

Not sure which manager I would have gone for out of the ones we've been linked to but we're so bad this season maybe Allardyce is the right medicine, even if we don't want to take it.

we need to think short term right now for sure, at the end of the season I would honestly want walsh, elstone and kenwright out, pay off sam for keeping us up, and lets see if moshiri is actually serious about his ambitions, no chance in hell anyone who has any genuine ambition beyond a quick profit keeps those odious fat leeches kenwright and Allardyce around

Fixed it for you;)

Looks like this is happening doesn't it?

Blackest day in my 50 years of supporting Everton.

The interesting thing about this is, if the board wanted him then why didn't they hire him 5 weeks ago?

The second most interesting thing is, was it only between Silva and Allardyce?

Status
Not open for further replies.