Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that's true. Sounds an astronomical fee for a young Scottish left back but when you look at similar deals - Maddison to Leicester for £25 million after one decent season in the Championship, Man Utd paying £19 million for 19 year old Diogo Dalot who has played only 6 games for Porto and Spurs paying £42 million for Davison Sanchez after one decent season for Ajax, £25 million for Tierney is a cracking deal. He's hands down a better player than all of them.
I would think if it happens, Celtic would demand performance enhancements and sell on percentages.

"Preparing to bid"...for a week.

Utter drivel this one. As said, I dont think Everton are behind it...more than likely just enjoying the happy spin off of being associated with a player that could solve that LB crisis we have and keeping fans pacified that they're moving to in that direction.
I can't imagine both Silva, and Brands especially, will have signed on to be involved with and continue with 'the pantomime productions' of the past.
It may be BS but we should not automatically assume it's an Everton distraction to pacify the supporters. Everton along with 1 or a number of other clubs may have made tentative enquiries and it could be Celtic trying to drum up a auction.
Have hope in our brave new world.
As well as the head hunting of that very well thought of performance coach, the management are also looking to set up a biogenetics lab to bring back Roberto Carlos from middle age and put him on a never ending deal.
There's lots to be cheerful about.

I can't imagine both Silva, and Brands especially, will have signed on to be involved with and continue with 'the pantomime productions' of the past.
It may be BS but we should not automatically assume it's an Everton distraction to pacify the supporters. Everton along with 1 or a number of other clubs may have made tentative enquiries and it could be Celtic trying to drum up a auction.
Have hope in our brave new world.
As well as the head hunting of that very well thought of performance coach, the management are also looking to set up a biogenetics lab to bring back Roberto Carlos from middle age and put him on a never ending deal.
There's lots to be cheerful about.
I haven't said its manufactured by Everton, I say it's a story Everton will no doubt be happy to be out there as it makes them look proactive and not the mess we are on and off the pitch.

Anyway, nothing new developing on this story and it looks to have run its course.

I don't think any of the top six would take a punt on him right now. Spurs might... if they sell Rose.

I think if he is open to a move, then we're in a good position to go and get him.
They'd buy him and stockpile him. That's what I meant. £25M for City, United or Chelsea is small beer.

I haven't said its manufactured by Everton, I say it's a story Everton will no doubt be happy to be out there as it makes them look proactive and not the mess we are on and off the pitch.

Anyway, nothing new developing on this story and it looks to have run its course.

:(

They'd buy him and stockpile him. That's what I meant. £25M for City, United or Chelsea is small beer.
I doubt he would go to City or Chelsea to sit on the bench at his age. Utd maybe if they sell shaw/blind. He doesn’t come across as a Jose signing, he’s more about ready made players not youngsters from an unproven league.

I doubt he would go to City or Chelsea to sit on the bench at his age. Utd maybe if they sell shaw/blind. He doesn’t come across as a Jose signing, he’s more about ready made players not youngsters from an unproven league.

I cant see Shaw lasting the summer out at United. If Jose can snag some mug club the way he snagged Everton over that tool Schneiderlin he'll offload him pronto.

We'll probably end up with this player from Rennes and then Tierney's agent will be left to look for another stalking horse for his client.

I cant see Shaw lasting the summer out at United. If Jose can snag some mug club the way he snagged Everton over that tool Schneiderlin he'll offload him pronto.

We'll probably end up with this player from Rennes and then Tierney's agent will be left to look for another stalking horse for his client.

Aye, a centre-back. He can play left-back, but is a CB.

Whoever it is it wont be a £25M-£30M layout for a FB from the SPL. Those days are gone at Everton. They went west with that nobhead Koeman. We are in full on austerity mode now.

I'm weirdly happy about it - I like the idea of unearthing some random gems instead of buying expensive "established" gash players that stink the place out.

Status
Not open for further replies.