Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Everton. We serve agents who want their players moved on. They link them to us and then the interest is sparked.
I'm not sure about Tierney not having seen him against quality opposition, but I think he'll attract (eventually) the attention of clubs above us in the pecking order with CL football to take a punt on him. He's no doubt hoping his agent can pull that trick off, despite all the "I'm Celtic-daft I am" BS for the consumption of their fans.

Jun 16, 2017 davek
I would be amazed if we signed Sigurdsson.

Pipe down dave.

KT is ours.

Could be just the agent and player conspiring together to increase his wages, it's happened before.

Could very well be.

If Tierney was three or four years older, he’d be pressed to find a top six club to have a genuine shot at the big time and justify a move to himself.

He isn’t and we can offer virtually guaranteed first team football on the big stage and a massive wage increase.

He is at a stage where we can afford him and he can afford us, so to speak. The right age, and the right time.

We can’t sign multiple players for £50-60m a pop and nor can we sign players who will be approaching 30 or so after one contract.

This is the game we are in now and the market we need to be in - sign them young, get value, and watch that value soar here and there a few times if we get lucky.

I hope we do get him, as it’s close to the best form of calculated risk we can take. Only if he succeeds of course. There is a huge amount riding on Brands and Silva’s judgement. For every diamond, there are 20 Keanes or Klaassens but that is still the risk we need to take.

tenor.gif

It's Everton. We serve agents who want their players moved on. They link them to us and then the interest is sparked.
I'm not sure about Tierney not having seen him against quality opposition, but I think he'll attract (eventually) the attention of clubs above us in the pecking order with CL football to take a punt on him. He's no doubt hoping his agent can pull that trick off, despite all the "I'm Celtic-daft I am" BS for the consumption of their fans.

I don't think any of the top six would take a punt on him right now. Spurs might... if they sell Rose.

I think if he is open to a move, then we're in a good position to go and get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.