Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it BS Dave? Just a feeling or do you know something?
"Preparing to bid"...for a week.

Utter drivel this one. As said, I dont think Everton are behind it...more than likely just enjoying the happy spin off of being associated with a player that could solve that LB crisis we have and keeping fans pacified that they're moving to in that direction.

Utter drivel this one. As said, I dont think Everton are behind it...more than likely just enjoying the happy spin off of being associated with a player that could solve that LB crisis we have and keeping fans pacified that they're moving to in that direction.

I was going to give it a couple of weeks before getting all pessimistic hoping we've learnt from past mistakes.

The original story came from the journo's we usually give info too though, think there is some interest.

I was going to give it a couple of weeks before getting all pessimistic hoping we've learnt from past mistakes.
I doubt it's even an interest by Everton. I think what we may see is a depressing finale to the summer window on the LB issue with Baines still viewed as a starter and we get a new young recruit in to deputise. No other club looking to push for the top 6 would entertain that scenario but we will, I think. The club is shattered after Koeman and wont recover for a good few seasons.

We're being used as a stalking horse. We dont need to have our time being wasted by others...or maybe it suits the cub to encourage this BS?
I’m still waiting for silva to be our new manager. It’s draggin on over the summer. It’s not going to happen, Everton are stalling blah blah blah. Dave that is One of your prophecies. Then as soon as we signed Silva you went mute. As nice as that silent time was it’s was still annoying because you don’t then stand up and congratulate the club. It’s continual negativity with you. If you’ve not good anything good to say, in balance, just keep quiet. You’re a fly on a summers day Dave.

Yep that's true. Sounds an astronomical fee for a young Scottish left back but when you look at similar deals - Maddison to Leicester for £25 million after one decent season in the Championship, Man Utd paying £19 million for 19 year old Diogo Dalot who has played only 6 games for Porto and Spurs paying £42 million for Davison Sanchez after one decent season for Ajax, £25 million for Tierney is a cracking deal. He's hands down a better player than all of them.

You seem a level headed poster mate but are most Celtic fans as deluded as that celtic forum? Some absolute guff on there.

1. Everton are a small tinpot club

2. Celtic are massive and he surely would stay at his boyhood club for another 4 seasons on 15k a week just to win 4 more 1 horse races

3. Tierney is good enough to play for Bayern Munich and Man City despite being young and not proven outside of the SPL

Please feel free to inform them of our new wealthy owners, new 55k stadium on the docks in the pipeline and the fact finishing 7th in the Premier League earning 85k a week is much more desirable than playing in the SPL on 15k a week.

I doubt it's even an interest by Everton. I think what we may see is a depressing finale to the summer window on the LB issue with Baines still viewed as a starter and we get a new young recruit in to deputise. No other club looking to push for the top 6 would entertain that scenario but we will, I think. The club is shattered after Koeman and wont recover for a good few seasons.

Totally agree with the last sentence and would add Walsh to that.
Seems to be a lot of different sources claiming everything from poised to bid to a deal already in place, not sure what to believe but I remain optimistic and hope we can right the wrongs of the past couple of seasons as quickly as possible.
Would love to see a dynamic progressive team like we had under you know who’s first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.