Everton players on loan 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship
Bolton Wanderers - Callum Connolly played full match in 1-2 home defeat to Preston North End

OS Match Report

No particular comments about his performance.

Wigan Athletic - Beni Baningime played full match in 1-1 away draw at Rotherham United

OS Match Report
Beni post-match interview

Twitter stuff
35' Really encouraging stuff from Latics, Byrne's switch to Jacobs on the left knocked on for Clarke, he battles on the edge and it pops out to Baningime who is fouled. Great opportunity to shoot from the free kick. (1-1)

Fan comment
"Beni Baningime was probably scratching his head thinking ... we never play this dog poo at the Everton Academy (or in the first team). To me, he looked well out of the game for long periods"
"Beni looked like a kid lost and way out of his depth for most of the game, looked weak, didn't want he ball and lacked urgency to close people down or anticipation to win second balls. Was quite suprised he was so poor for his hype - looked not much better than Connelly. But last 15 mins or so seemed to improve a bit and it made a difference but it was a bit too little too late. Not an impressive debut unfortunately. Where James in 19 and looks and playslike a man Beni at 20 looks and plays like a kid. Hopefully he can improve as he will need to."
"A few negative comments on the Everton kid. I don't disagree with them as he did look like a fish out of water. In his defence I doubt he'll have ever seen such a style of football in his life."
"I thought Baningime showed decent composure on the ball to say that it was his first game for us. Thought he looked decent."

West Bromwich Albion - Mason Holgate played full match in 1-0 away win at Stoke City

OS Match Report

Fan comment
"Holgate and Barry were very good today"

Division One
Blackpool - Anthony Evans started on the bench and came on in the 73rd minute of a 2-0 home win over Walsall

Twitter stuff
82' - Great break from Blackpool but Thompson is offside when receiving Evans' delivery. (1-0)
87' - Evans whips a free-kick towards the top corner that is picked out of the air by Roberts. (1-0)
90+3' - Evans works his way past two defenders before firing over the bar. (2-0)

Shane Lavery was an unused sub for Falkirk
Joe Williams and Antonee Robinson were again not in matchday squads (injuries)

Championship
Bolton Wanderers - Callum Connolly played full match in 1-2 home defeat to Preston North End

OS Match Report

No particular comments about his performance.

Wigan Athletic - Beni Baningime played full match in 1-1 away draw at Rotherham United

OS Match Report
Beni post-match interview

Twitter stuff
35' Really encouraging stuff from Latics, Byrne's switch to Jacobs on the left knocked on for Clarke, he battles on the edge and it pops out to Baningime who is fouled. Great opportunity to shoot from the free kick. (1-1)

Fan comment
"Beni Baningime was probably scratching his head thinking ... we never play this dog poo at the Everton Academy (or in the first team). To me, he looked well out of the game for long periods"
"Beni looked like a kid lost and way out of his depth for most of the game, looked weak, didn't want he ball and lacked urgency to close people down or anticipation to win second balls. Was quite suprised he was so poor for his hype - looked not much better than Connelly. But last 15 mins or so seemed to improve a bit and it made a difference but it was a bit too little too late. Not an impressive debut unfortunately. Where James in 19 and looks and playslike a man Beni at 20 looks and plays like a kid. Hopefully he can improve as he will need to."
"A few negative comments on the Everton kid. I don't disagree with them as he did look like a fish out of water. In his defence I doubt he'll have ever seen such a style of football in his life."
"I thought Baningime showed decent composure on the ball to say that it was his first game for us. Thought he looked decent."

West Bromwich Albion - Mason Holgate played full match in 1-0 away win at Stoke City

OS Match Report

Fan comment
"Holgate and Barry were very good today"

Division One
Blackpool - Anthony Evans started on the bench and came on in the 73rd minute of a 2-0 home win over Walsall

Twitter stuff
82' - Great break from Blackpool but Thompson is offside when receiving Evans' delivery. (1-0)
87' - Evans whips a free-kick towards the top corner that is picked out of the air by Roberts. (1-0)
90+3' - Evans works his way past two defenders before firing over the bar. (2-0)

Shane Lavery was an unused sub for Falkirk
Joe Williams and Antonee Robinson were again not in matchday squads (injuries)

....sounds like Holgate is really making an impression. I hoped Evans would be good enough to start games for Blackpool.

Bolasie start today against the 4th last team. I hope it's better than the 15 minutes against Standard, because besides elbowing/hand slapping Standard's right-back he was always caught off pace; never in the game.

So how useless was he today?

Oh dear

Status
Not open for further replies.