Everton players on loan 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here Blackpool is a basket case of a club run by truly horrible people . Coventry would seem the much better choice and a good test for him .
Is Pennington still on our books? Just caught a bit of Stanley v Ipswich. He looked dire. Bottom of the championship and under the direction of the awful Paul Lambert.

Amazing to think he scored for us Kop end in the Derby a few years back...

Don't forsee a future for him at Goodison.

I’m a Toffee in Ipswich. Chatting to season ticket holders they say Pennington has been class, but let down by a poor team around him. Had a rare crap game against Accrington. They’ve brought in James Collins for the rest of the season, so likely Matty will play more at right back for the rest of the season as Chambers is Capt so won’t get dropped from alongside Collins.

Seems a consummate pro, but has probably found his level for now... but may well make it longer term.

I’m a Toffee in Ipswich. Chatting to season ticket holders they say Pennington has been class, but let down by a poor team around him. Had a rare crap game against Accrington. They’ve brought in James Collins for the rest of the season, so likely Matty will play more at right back for the rest of the season as Chambers is Capt so won’t get dropped from alongside Collins.

Seems a consummate pro, but has probably found his level for now... but may well make it longer term.

...he’s a very bright academic who had the willpower to do his A Levels whilst a young professional. His sister is a Doctor. I’m not surprised he’s a consummate professional, he’s also supposed to be a really likeable lad.

I think @ijjysmith has connections with Ipswich through his Dad and @atrottel provides brilliant feedback in this thread.

Me too but if he plays well at RB maybe he can be cover for both positions which means we can have a more versatile bench. Key thing is he is getting game time and playing well which is win win for us really.

....i’d be surprised if he has a future at Everton unless we sell a RB and have him as Back-up. I just don’t ever see him being a CB for us and it seems West Brom think the same.

....i’d be surprised if he has a future at Everton unless we sell a RB and have him as Back-up. I just don’t ever see him being a CB for us and it seems West Brom think the same.

I agree with you but this is perhaps his opportunity to jump above Kenny in the queue as a back up. If he can also cover CB it means your bench is stronger as you give yourself more options. He certainly needs to fill out a bit more if he was ever to become a CB full time but I haven't given up hope. If he does well at RB and we still don't think he's required standard hopefully it will raise his fee.

Championship
Ipswich Town - Matthew Pennington played full match in 0-2 away defeat to Blackburn Rovers

OS Match Report

No particular comments about him.

Sheffield United - Kieran Dowell started on the bench and came on in the 66th minute of a 0-1 away defeat to Swansea City

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"Dowell – Needs to wake up. May have only been playing u23 games but he looks half asleep. Not sharp at all. He has offered very little in the games I have seen. He is slow and does not have any real acceleration. I heard people raving about him when we signed him but he needs to do much more to convince. We looked even worse when Duffy went off. Had one run but overplayed the ball to Clarke and then one decent through ball."
"I think he looks promising. That reverse pass to Sharp so nearly got us an equaliser."
"my take is that Dowell has looked quite out of sync with the way we play (understandable given that he has just joined). The problem with this is that he is likely to only get bit parts in the coming games because Duffy is still the most creative player we have, so when will Dowell get the neccessary game time to understand the role in this team?"
"The only thing I disagree on is Dowell who I did think showed some class. He made mistakes and at times looked weak but there were a few times where he ran with the ball and looked confident "

Callum Connolly was an unused sub for Wigan Athletic
Antonee Robinson (injury) was not in matchday squad

Status
Not open for further replies.