Everton players on loan 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been covered already here. I was curious as to what’s happened to Joe Williams at Bolton , it seems he picked up a thigh injury in their last game of the year and hasn’t featured this year. I was fearful that he’d been dropped from a poor Bolton team but no. This from his Twitter .

Disappointed to pick up a thigh injury against Stoke but working hard to get back on the pitch and helping the team again soon
@officialbwfc

Not sure if this has been covered already here. I was curious as to what’s happened to Joe Williams at Bolton , it seems he picked up a thigh injury in their last game of the year and hasn’t featured this year. I was fearful that he’d been dropped from a poor Bolton team but no. This from his Twitter .

Disappointed to pick up a thigh injury against Stoke but working hard to get back on the pitch and helping the team again soon
@officialbwfc

...I imagine he’s still injured, although I thought it was an Achilles. It was suggested Bristol (I think) wanted him but were concerned about him being out for a while. There was also a report that Williams (and other players) were not being paid on time.

FA Cup
West Bromwich Albion - Mason Holgate started on the bench and came on in the 89th minute of a 0-0 away draw at Brighton and Hove Albion

Championship
Ipswich Town - Matthew Pennington played full match in 1-2 away defeat to Aston Villa

OS Match Report

No particular comments about his performance.

Sheffield United - Kieran Dowell started match and was substituted in the 60th minute of a 2-2 away draw at Norwich City

OS Match Report
"United weathered the storm and created a first opportunity on 23 minutes but after good build-up play involving Madine, Sharp and Baldock, Dowell took a heavy touch and was forced to rush a shot, which was wide. "

Twitter stuff
23’ First Blades effort, but Dowell slices wide. Good build-up play involving Madine, Sharp and Baldock 1-0

Fan comments
"Dowell I was less convinced about seemed to get caught in possession a lot, although in fairness Norwich were looking to press us."
"Dowell will be good in games where we have more possession. He wasn’t great today but looked positive at the start at least and likes to get forward. "
"I like what Dowell offers, he breaks fast, bursts past players and shoots- a lot, but he did have a poor game today. "
"Dowell appears to be very much a flair player. When losing possession today he appeared to have no desire to get it back. He seems a little disinterested to me but maybe he just needs time to settle in."

Scottish Championship
Falkirk - Shane Lavery started on the bench and came on in the 75th minute of a 2-2 home draw with Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Callum Connolly was an unused sub for Wigan.
Joe Williams and Antonee Robinson (both injury) were not in matchday squads.

FA Cup
West Bromwich Albion - Mason Holgate started on the bench and came on in the 89th minute of a 0-0 away draw at Brighton and Hove Albion

Championship
Ipswich Town - Matthew Pennington played full match in 1-2 away defeat to Aston Villa

OS Match Report

Sheffield United - Kieran Dowell started match and was substituted in the 60th minute of a 2-2 away draw at Norwich City

OS Match Report
"United weathered the storm and created a first opportunity on 23 minutes but after good build-up play involving Madine, Sharp and Baldock, Dowell took a heavy touch and was forced to rush a shot, which was wide. "

Twitter stuff
23’ First Blades effort, but Dowell slices wide. Good build-up play involving Madine, Sharp and Baldock 1-0

Fan comments
"Dowell I was less convinced about seemed to get caught in possession a lot, although in fairness Norwich were looking to press us."
"Dowell will be good in games where we have more possession. He wasn’t great today but looked positive at the start at least and likes to get forward. "
"I like what Dowell offers, he breaks fast, bursts past players and shoots- a lot, but he did have a poor game today. "
"Dowell appears to be very much a flair player. When losing possession today he appeared to have no desire to get it back. He seems a little disinterested to me but maybe he just needs time to settle in."

Scottish Championship
Falkirk - Shane Lavery started on the bench and came on in the 75th minute of a 2-2 home draw with Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Callum Connolly was an unused sub for Wigan.
Joe Williams and Antonee Robinson (both injury) were not in matchday squads.
Dowell comments showing a familiar pattern.

Just to keep up to date in this thread:

Callum Connolly from Wigan Athletic to Bolton Wanderers
Beni Baningime to Wigan Athletic
Anthony Evans to Blackpool

...didn’t know Evans had moved, Blackpool were linked at the beginning of the window. I hope he impresses more than his last loan spell and gets himself a permanent move.

I presume Joe Williams remains at Bolton despite interest from elsewhere.

Championship
Ipswich Town - Matthew Pennington played full match in 0-1 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
74' A Town free-kick is lofted into the box & Pennington does well to hold it up before passing back to Downes who drags his shot wide. [0-0]

Fan comments
"Pennington excellent"

Bolton Wanderers - Callum Connolly played full match and was booked in 0-2 away defeat to Sheffield United

OS Match Report
"Wanderers were unfortunate not to have been awarded a corner when Connolly’s low long-distance shot appeared to deflect of a Blades’ defender’s boot."
"Connolly had a good chance to net an equaliser after being played in by Taylor but the on-loan midfielder placed his shot over Henderson’s bar."

Twitter stuff
New loan signing @Callum1connolly takes aim from distance but his low effort flies wide of the goal. Hint of a deflection from a Blades defender but referee Keith Stroud awards United a goal kick. (29)
A booking for @Callum1connolly after he puts in a late challenge on Blades' midfielder John Fleck. (63)
Big chance for the Whites as Taylor finds @Callum1connolly inside the area but the youngster blazes his shot over the bar. So close! (72)

No particular fan comments about him.

Kieran Dowell came on in the 86th minute for Sheffield United in the same match.

West Bromwich Albion - Mason Holgate played the full match and was booked in a 2-3 home defeat to Middlesbrough

OS Match Report

Shane Lavery came on in the 86th minute for Falkirk.
Beni Baningime was an unused sub for Wigan.
Joe Williams and Antonee Robinson (both still injuries?) were not in matchday squads.

Championship
Ipswich Town - Matthew Pennington played full match in 0-1 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
74' A Town free-kick is lofted into the box & Pennington does well to hold it up before passing back to Downes who drags his shot wide. [0-0]

Fan comments
"Pennington excellent"

Bolton Wanderers - Callum Connolly played full match and was booked in 0-2 away defeat to Sheffield United

OS Match Report
"Wanderers were unfortunate not to have been awarded a corner when Connolly’s low long-distance shot appeared to deflect of a Blades’ defender’s boot."
"Connolly had a good chance to net an equaliser after being played in by Taylor but the on-loan midfielder placed his shot over Henderson’s bar."

Twitter stuff
New loan signing @Callum1connolly takes aim from distance but his low effort flies wide of the goal. Hint of a deflection from a Blades defender but referee Keith Stroud awards United a goal kick. (29)
A booking for @Callum1connolly after he puts in a late challenge on Blades' midfielder John Fleck. (63)
Big chance for the Whites as Taylor finds @Callum1connolly inside the area but the youngster blazes his shot over the bar. So close! (72)

No particular fan comments about him.

Kieran Dowell came on in the 86th minute for Sheffield United in the same match.

West Bromwich Albion - Mason Holgate played the full match and was booked in a 2-3 home defeat to Middlesbrough

OS Match Report

Shane Lavery came on in the 86th minute for Falkirk.
Beni Baningime was an unused sub for Wigan.
Joe Williams and Antonee Robinson (both still injuries?) were not in matchday squads.

...not much joy anywhere.

Championship
Sheffield United - Kieran Dowell started and was subsitituted in the 74th minute of a 3-3 away draw at Aston Villa

OS Match Report
"The visitors whipped in crosses from both sides and Dowell looked a threat ahead of the opening goal on 11 minutes."
"Dowell's shot was pushed away by the home goalkeeper, who then dallied as he tried to keep out Madine's follow-up header, allowing SHARP to prod home from less than a yard."
"Dowell again got around the back of the Villa defence and his right-foot cross was deflected perfectly into the path of SHARP to score again from close range."

Twitter stuff
9’ Bright start by United, crosses coming in from both sides and Dowell has been around the back of the Villa defence but could not find a fellow Blade 0-0
53’ The boy Sharp… 100 Blades goals! Dowell’s shot is parried, Madine heads back and the skip pokes home!
SUB | 74’ Second Blades change, fine reception for the Dowell, who was involved in Sharp's second and third goals

Fan comments
"Dowell 7/10 – Thought he showed some good bits and pieces tonight. Sure, there were a few giveaways but he ran with the ball at times and showed some nimble, quick feet. He was involved in some good attacks and assisted on two goals in the build-up. I can see why Wilder took him off but I would have brought Duffy on personally to help us keep the ball and felt we went a bit too defensive."
"Wasn't sold on Dowell in the first half, but the second half he was different gravy! Created lots of chances & seemed to have a yard of pace from nowhere."

...didn’t know Evans had moved, Blackpool were linked at the beginning of the window. I hope he impresses more than his last loan spell and gets himself a permanent move.

I presume Joe Williams remains at Bolton despite interest from elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.