Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
Hmm, I think Rotherham and West Ham we were poor. West Ham showed the flaws in the way we've been playing if a team comes and just does that to you, we need to amend that - hopefully with the players back from injury we will do.

I can't say we've been 'poor' in any other league game recently though. We've been the better side in each of them and deservedly won, which is what matters, especially at this time of year - I don't think the dead of winter in the midst of a pandemic with 3-4 of your best players out or just getting back from injury is the time you really play with 'zip'.

Again, I don't agree that the squad themselves will be in need of a lift. Carlo does that for them, and he's so calm and calculated, he probably won't care if we get additions or not.

But that new player or two would definitely give us a lift that, while the squad may not desperately need, would be welcome nevertheless.

My annoyance comes from the fact that we knew we needed to shift players. Well those wheels should have been set in motion months ago. It feels like we just wait.

Mate, our last 5 games have been flat as f***, we beat a Wolves side in freefall, struggled badly against a Sheff UTD side who had 1 point in the league all season at that point, were lucky against Rotherham and were diabolical against West ham. We are DESPERATE for a spark. I had hoped James would be that spark or, failing that, Richie, it turns out our only real spark at the moment is Iwobi!!

Any of those games could have gone the other way and we would be far less positive than we are.

It is not as bad as I am making out but, we need fresh blood to cement the top half imo.

Mate, our last 5 games have been flat as f***, we beat a Wolves side in freefall, struggled badly against a Sheff UTD side who had 1 point in the league all season at that point, were lucky against Rotherham and were diabolical against West ham. We are DESPERATE for a spark. I had hoped James would be that spark or, failing that, Richie, it turns out our only real spark at the moment is Iwobi!!

Any of those games could have gone the other way and we would be far less positive than we are.

It is not as bad as I am making out but, we need fresh blood to cement the top half imo.

I mean we didn't really struggle v Sheff Utd at all. We had no James, no Digne, no Richarlison, no Allan. That's our four best players.

Sheff Utd didn't have one chance and that moment of quality which came our way, we made the most of it.

James will of course be that spark - but he's just coming back from injury, it's going to take time. He played very well against Wolves.

Those games didn't go the other way. You can say that about almost every game any team has, too. We did enough to win.

I fully agree we need players in. As I've said, i agree with you on that point, I just don't think we've looked 'flat' in any game bar West Ham, because Moyes came and did a job on us.

It's over to the people in charge of the club to sort it out and, again, I think we're being let down. But we'll see.

But they didn’t, we won with a team ravished by injuries. That’s a testament in itself to a great manager installing discipline and team ethics

Go to the start of the season when we had a fully fit team and won 7 out 7 playing great togger.

At the end of the day 3 points is 3 points

Hmm, I think Rotherham and West Ham we were poor. West Ham showed the flaws in the way we've been playing if a team comes and just does that to you, we need to amend that - hopefully with the players back from injury we will do.

I can't say we've been 'poor' in any other league game recently though. We've been the better side in each of them and deservedly won, which is what matters, especially at this time of year - I don't think the dead of winter in the midst of a pandemic with 3-4 of your best players out or just getting back from injury is the time you really play with 'zip'.

Again, I don't agree that the squad themselves will be in need of a lift. Carlo does that for them, and he's so calm and calculated, he probably won't care if we get additions or not.

But that new player or two would definitely give us a lift that, while the squad may not desperately need, would be welcome nevertheless.

My annoyance comes from the fact that we knew we needed to shift players. Well those wheels should have been set in motion months ago. It feels like we just wait.
Think they are stuck trying to get rid of players that either don't want to go or clubs don't want them. I would say they have a couple of loans lined up to come in but only if the can offload the 2 or 3 first. Massive opp this year to kick on. Only thing that will hold us back is the injuries as the replacements have shown we cant rely on them in a run of games and a few in the same team. Fingers crossed some movement in the next 10 days. A game changer up front is a must to come in . I think we can manage in most other positions until the summer although a proper holding mid would be a bonus

top half? No top 6 push yes.

Not playing well and winning games is a great sign. Agree we need couple of bodies as we cant continue with our injury record

But they didn’t, we won with a team ravished by injuries. That’s a testament in itself to a great manager installing discipline and team ethics

Go to the start of the season when we had a fully fit team and won 7 out 7 playing great togger.

At the end of the day 3 points is 3 points

Fair enough, I think we have been very average of late, and feel a bit of creativity is badly needed. At least we look o be getting most of our players back though

Won 4 and moaned...you used to see Silva managed.

Think they are stuck trying to get rid of players that either don't want to go or clubs don't want them. I would say they have a couple of loans lined up to come in but only if the can offload the 2 or 3 first. Massive opp this year to kick on. Only thing that will hold us back is the injuries as the replacements have shown we cant rely on them in a run of games and a few in the same team. Fingers crossed some movement in the next 10 days. A game changer up front is a must to come in . I think we can manage in most other positions until the summer although a proper holding mid would be a bonus

Well just take Kenny as an example mate.

It's been clear since early November that he wasn't going to be part of the plan moving forward.

It feels like we could have actively been doing more to get clubs interested? I know it's a two-way streak, but in January it's in everyone's best interest to get the deals done early.

Kenny going out for £5m or so frees up wages and possibly the fee alone could cover two loan fees.

We’ve won 5 out of 6? We’ve played good defensively, had players injured that have effected our balance in the squad so we have no attacking fluidity, but we’re getting the job done, winning games, only letting 0 or 1 goals in. You can’t be angry about how we’re doing right now and it will only get better with our injured players back.

Status
Not open for further replies.