Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I’ve resided myself to the fact that we’ll be stuck with our deadwood until their contracts run out. No one wants them and no one wants to pay their inflated wages. Project EFC being boss might have to wait another 2 years.

We’ve won 5 out of 6? We’ve played good defensively, had players injured that have effected our balance in the squad so we have no attacking fluidity, but we’re getting the job done, winning games, only letting 0 or 1 goals in. You can’t be angry about how we’re doing right now and it will only get better with our injured players back.

Not angry at all. just trying to highlight how close it is and that we need a couple of new players to step up towards top 4 not top ten.

We’ve won 5 out of 6? We’ve played good defensively, had players injured that have effected our balance in the squad so we have no attacking fluidity, but we’re getting the job done, winning games, only letting 0 or 1 goals in. You can’t be angry about how we’re doing right now and it will only get better with our injured players back.

I think there just has to be a balance.

At home, we need to find a different way of playing than we did v West Ham.

Leicester can be kind of treated like an away game to an extent, but is going to be tough.

We definitely need additions but I don't agree with the poster saying we're playing poorly or 'flat'.

Leicester can be kind of treated like an away game to an extent, but is going to be tough.

We definitely need additions but I don't agree with the poster saying we're playing poorly or 'flat'.

Honestly, go to any of the match threads on these games and you will see the comments are all about how flat we look and slating the players (not all of them).

100% we need creativity on the right flank. Move James in the midfield so Allan and doucoure can cover, then we can do well. It’s tough finding a balance right now, even ancelotti is struggling.

100% we need creativity on the right flank. Move James in the midfield so Allan and doucoure can cover, then we can do well. It’s tough finding a balance right now, even ancelotti is struggling.

Tbf, Iwobi is playing right flank atm and is our most creative player (statistically).

It's more about just having different options to not be so reliant on the first XI. We haven't had one sub in the league this season who has scored a goal, and only two subs (Iwobi v Brighton and Gomes v Wolves) have created a goal.

Well just take Kenny as an example mate.

It's been clear since early November that he wasn't going to be part of the plan moving forward.

It feels like we could have actively been doing more to get clubs interested? I know it's a two-way streak, but in January it's in everyone's best interest to get the deals done early.

Kenny going out for £5m or so frees up wages and possibly the fee alone could cover two loan fees.
We don't know that this is not being done pal. And if Kenny actually wants to leave.

I would be gutted if we don't bring in another forward that is good enough to start games in the next 10 days. DCL will miss more games in the next few months along with James. Another body in we can mange their game time . Also gives us a game changer in the games where teams will sit in against us like WH did .

We don't know that this is not being done pal. And if Kenny actually wants to leave.

I would be gutted if we don't bring in another forward that is good enough to start games in the next 10 days. DCL will miss more games in the next few months along with James. Another body in we can mange their game time . Also gives us a game changer in the games where teams will sit in against us like WH did .

Kenny will leave if the price is right and that has been consistent all along.

My point is, have we done all we can to make sure a possible outgoing like that is expediated?

Burnley are interested, and it obviously needs a club to be willing to come to the table, but it feels like we dally and dither on decisions (like a certain PM) and then are left waiting.

My point is, have we done all we can to make sure a possible outgoing like that is expediated?

Burnley are interested, and it obviously needs a club to be willing to come to the table, but it feels like we dally and dither on decisions (like a certain PM) and then are left waiting.

For incomings we know that Brands puts in a bid then waits.

Maybe for outgoings he just quotes a price and waits for someone to pay it...

For incomings we know that Brands puts in a bid then waits.

Maybe for outgoings he just quotes a price and waits for someone to pay it...

It's all done through agents.

If Kenny was told he could leave, it would be done through his agent who would be going to clubs.

That may well have happened, as @granter79 says, we don't know for sure. But as a club we need these processes to happen quicker.

Valid questions but truth is only the people in the club know if we are doing enough. All speculation from us from the outside.

There could be no truth in the Burnely stuff tbh. They have Bardsley and Lowton there who are both probably better than Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.