Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 2: Of posting a picture of Marcel Brands until he sells or buys a player.
78672637-668F-4828-B445-E97CF14205CD.jpeg

As long as Carlo is here we have a chance.

Sure things are good atm and we are in a good place.

If we can get somebody in I'm all for it, but I don't believe this is our best or last chance, so I personally would rather we kept our powder dry, try and offload some rubbish and hopefully make some more astute signings in the summer.

I realise this view wont be popular, but we don't have a bottomless pit of money and the wrong player now could do more damage than the right player in the summer.

But I would love nothing more than to add a few warm bodies, just think a little realism is needed. I don't think we are in a position to be throwing 40m at a Right back.

But surely we need to maximize that chance though?! Having Carlo and the weird way the league is playing gout this year, we would be mad not to at least chuck money at one quality player. We are a couple of injuries away from having to shoe-horn players into odd positions again and, while it has done OK so far, may not be so successful next time.

I cannot help that feel this one season it is up for grabs, not the title but the top 4 and the covered CL positions.

Just imagine finishing 5th or 6th by a point or two cos we did not have suitable back up or were forced to play Tom/Gylf/Gomes for the next 18 games.

But surely we need to maximize that chance though?! Having Carlo and the weird way the league is playing gout this year, we would be mad not to at least chuck money at one quality player. We are a couple of injuries away from having to shoe-horn players into odd positions again and, while it has done OK so far, may not be so successful next time.

I cannot help that feel this one season it is up for grabs, not the title but the top 4 and the covered CL positions.

Just imagine finishing 5th or 6th by a point or two cos we did not have suitable back up or were forced to play Tom/Gylf/Gomes for the next 18 games.
Sounds painful...

But I agree with you mate. The chance is there.

Yes we have Carlo, and that's exactly why we should be getting him the best tools for the job.

The people in charge at the club should have been doing everything possible for the last few months to ensure we had wiggle room to go out and do some deals.

Too much passivity imo, and I don't actually think they realise what a good opportunity this season has presented itself as - I don't think they realised that at the start. I also don't think they've taken extra risk from COVID, congested fixture lists etc, into enough account.

I'm not expecting something big but still hopeful of a loan deal or two. But really, given our position, we should be making a push. Any plans for the summer, should be brought forward if possible. Test the waters. I appreciate that there's a lot of mitigating factors, mostly self-inflicted (Brands doesn't escape from this, we're spunking over 100k per-week on Lossl and Delph who have both been brought in during his time, and another 110k goes to Bernard who is so inconsistent).

Ultimately if we do miss out on Europe because the injuries we got finally caught up with us, then the club will only have themselves to blame.

Gomes is on 112k a week

There's no way we're paying James 90k per week and no way Allan is on 70k I don't think mate.

Would imagine those figures aren't exactly reliable.

Gomes is definitely one of our high earners, but relatively speaking he'd probably get paid 70-80k at most PL clubs; just the way it is.

Anyway, my general point was that if we decide to sell him this summer, we'd still get a fee for him.

Sounds painful...

But I agree with you mate. The chance is there.

Yes we have Carlo, and that's exactly why we should be getting him the best tools for the job.

The people in charge at the club should have been doing everything possible for the last few months to ensure we had wiggle room to go out and do some deals.

Too much passivity imo, and I don't actually think they realise what a good opportunity this season has presented itself as - I don't think they realised that at the start. I also don't think they've taken extra risk from COVID, congested fixture lists etc, into enough account.

I'm not expecting something big but still hopeful of a loan deal or two. But really, given our position, we should be making a push. Any plans for the summer, should be brought forward if possible. Test the waters. I appreciate that there's a lot of mitigating factors, mostly self-inflicted (Brands doesn't escape from this, we're spunking over 100k per-week on Lossl and Delph who have both been brought in during his time, and another 110k goes to Bernard who is so inconsistent).

Ultimately if we do miss out on Europe because the injuries we got finally caught up with us, then the club will only have themselves to blame.

Absolutely, and,if we are honest, we have been pretty poor of late. Totally flat and lacking any zip, we beat a VERY poor wolves side, struggled and against Rotherham and lost to West ham, we need that new player buzz badly.

Absolutely, and,if we are honest, we have been pretty poor of late. Totally flat and lacking any zip, we beat a VERY poor wolves side, struggled and against Rotherham and lost to West ham, we need that new player buzz badly.

Hmm, I think Rotherham and West Ham we were poor. West Ham showed the flaws in the way we've been playing if a team comes and just does that to you, we need to amend that - hopefully with the players back from injury we will do.

I can't say we've been 'poor' in any other league game recently though. We've been the better side in each of them and deservedly won, which is what matters, especially at this time of year - I don't think the dead of winter in the midst of a pandemic with 3-4 of your best players out or just getting back from injury is the time you really play with 'zip'.

Again, I don't agree that the squad themselves will be in need of a lift. Carlo does that for them, and he's so calm and calculated, he probably won't care if we get additions or not.

But that new player or two would definitely give us a lift that, while the squad may not desperately need, would be welcome nevertheless.

My annoyance comes from the fact that we knew we needed to shift players. Well those wheels should have been set in motion months ago. It feels like we just wait.

I can't say we've been 'poor' in any other league game recently though. We've been the better side in each of them and deservedly won, which is what matters, especially at this time of year - I don't think the dead of winter in the midst of a pandemic with 3-4 of your best players out or just getting back from injury is the time you really play with 'zip'.

Again, I don't agree that the squad themselves will be in need of a lift. Carlo does that for them, and he's so calm and calculated, he probably won't care if we get additions or not.

But that new player or two would definitely give us a lift that, while the squad may not desperately need, would be welcome nevertheless.

My annoyance comes from the fact that we knew we needed to shift players. Well those wheels should have been set in motion months ago. It feels like we just wait.
I suppose the test will be against Newcastle, it shouldn’t be really as we should blow them away.
James given a free role to drift and go and get the ball. And Richarlison, iwobi and DCL as the front 3.

I would pick the same 4 v Leicester if fit, though I would have iwobi in the 10 role and James on the right. As I don’t think James would get much joy against ndidi.

Will be interesting to see how Leicester do tonight v Chelsea, with the rumours of vardy being injured

I suppose the test will be against Newcastle, it shouldn’t be really as we should blow them away.
James given a free role to drift and go and get the ball. And Richarlison, iwobi and DCL as the front 3.

I would pick the same 4 v Leicester if fit, though I would have iwobi in the 10 role and James on the right. As I don’t think James would get much joy against ndidi.

Will be interesting to see how Leicester do tonight v Chelsea, with the rumours of vardy being injured

Just have to hope Allan is back for Leicester. Even him being able to do 70 mins gives us something we wouldn't have with Doucoure being out.

Status
Not open for further replies.