Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will come to some deal with the deadwood so we can release them for their contact so we save salary and they can move for free sooner.

In terms of outs, I think we will expect bids for Bernard and Kenny plus the usual loan for U23 late in the window.

Bringing players in will be tougher without outs but I expect a loan at the very least.

Don't see us selling Gomes. I think there would be suitors - if we can get ~£10m for Bernard then I don't see why Gomes wouldn't attract at least that - but I can't see that the hierarchy would be particularly interested in getting rid of him. IMO he has done well when coming on recently, and if he continues to play well/recaptures his previous form then he is more than fine as a backup/rotation option.

If we only make one signing, be it on loan or a buy, it needs to be a CF. We are far to reliant on DCL atm, and even with him back fully fit we would still need another (out and out striker) option up there with him.

We have Coleman, Holgate, Godfrey, Kenny who can all play there.

If you think we are going to spend £30m in January on a kid for right back, in an attempt to propel us to Champions League football, then I don't know what to say to you.

And you do realise we are already competitive?
Old and in the twilight of his career; good defensively but doesn't offer enough going forward; has Godfrey played RB for us yet? I've been impressed, but don't know if he is the answer there, plus he's already cover at LB/CB; I like Kenny, but he's hardly played and is most likely on his way out.

We are already competitive, but so are 7/8 other teams. We need to make sure we are active in getting/staying ahead of enough of those to be top 6 min. at season's end.
...it certainly is, Matey. It’s about getting the balance and i believe the introduction of greater pace and athleticism in key areas will help the cause.

Having full backs who get a nose bleed when they cross the half-way line certainly makes us sounder defensively but we create so much when we get behind the opposition. The best teams have that level of creativity. Pace at CB helps cover space behind our own full backs. We need to facilitate our attacking prowess and maximise our defensive stability when the opposition has possession.

it’s why Ancelotti & Brands are paid big Bucks.
We need a C(D)M who is going to do what Barry did when he first joined, and drop in and solidify the back 4 when Baines/Coleman bombed forward. For all the talk of how good Allan/Doucoure are supposed to be, I've been largely disappointed in how frail we've been defensively (until being forced to play 4 CBs) even after adding them to the team.
I suppose the test will be against Newcastle, it shouldn’t be really as we should blow them away.
James given a free role to drift and go and get the ball. And Richarlison, iwobi and DCL as the front 3.

I would pick the same 4 v Leicester if fit, though I would have iwobi in the 10 role and James on the right. As I don’t think James would get much joy against ndidi.

Will be interesting to see how Leicester do tonight v Chelsea, with the rumours of vardy being injured
Didn't we lose to them already this season? Just the team they need when they're in terrible form....

Honestly, go to any of the match threads on these games and you will see the comments are all about how flat we look and slating the players (not all of them).
The match thread is a car crash and always has been . A game where 90 per cent of posters say we will lose and when it is scoreless at half time we are the worst side in the world ..for 90 plus minutes almost everyone loses all sense of reason

The match thread is a car crash and always has been . A game where 90 per cent of posters say we will lose and when it is scoreless at half time we are the worst side in the world ..for 90 plus minutes almost everyone loses all sense of reason
For 90 + minutes and the whole of the following (insert gap to next match) if we lose, even calls for the manager to be fired, blame Brands, Blame Bill, Blame Moshiri, Blame Covid, Blame the weather, Blame life, the universe and everything. Here's some news ... we have never ever won every match in a season (insert shorter time frame depending upon your mood).

Valid questions but truth is only the people in the club know if we are doing enough. All speculation from us from the outside.

There could be no truth in the Burnely stuff tbh. They have Bardsley and Lowton there who are both probably better than Kenny

Both out of contract in the summer. There's definitely interest from their side. Whether they firm that up remains to be seen.

I think we will come to some deal with the deadwood so we can release them for their contact so we save salary and they can move for free sooner.
The risk with this is that it sets a precedent where players can have their cake and eat it too. The pay off would have to be a good saving to make it appealing to the club imo

Kenny will leave if the price is right and that has been consistent all along.

My point is, have we done all we can to make sure a possible outgoing like that is expediated?

Burnley are interested, and it obviously needs a club to be willing to come to the table, but it feels like we dally and dither on decisions (like a certain PM) and then are left waiting.
What makes you think we aren't Toff. He's seemingly surplus to requirements and the club has confirmed selling these players takes priority this window. It makes no sense that we would be stalling on deals for Kenny or the like

Status
Not open for further replies.