Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2FF0330B-3F64-4921-8CC2-4155FA0154E8.jpeg

Don’t we all.

80-100 ahhahahaa mate you are so far off it it's unreal.

That vlahovic from fiorentina is being touted at 58m, he's younger and scored a lot more than DCL has over the last couple of years.

I know who I'd rather have if I was a "top" club
They are cashing in on vlahovic because he's got 18 months left. If he had 3 years then he'd be a fair chunk more.

We need an attacker who can play in between midfield and the forwards who can score goals. He's available on loan, we currently have no money, so it is logical.

Unfortunately, we currently have no manager.
We need a midfield.

No point signing anyone to play BETWEEN the midfield and the forwards when we don't have a functioning midfield.

There's no logic to signing a player you DON'T need and failing to sign players you DO need. That's what we've done with El Ghazi.

I think dele Ali could be a good signing. He has a huge amount of talent but he's gone down hill so fast at spurs. Maybe a change in club, in world Cup year too, might spur him on and get back to his old form.

We need a midfield.

No point signing anyone to play BETWEEN the midfield and the forwards when we don't have a functioning midfield.

There's no logic to signing a player you DON'T need and failing to sign players you DO need. That's what we've done with El Ghazi.
Well I mean Ali can play in midfield. I don't think it's his best role but he can play in a three or as the 10 in a 4231. He just isn't like a playmaker type in how he plays.

They went for Lingard clearly and he'd have played in that role.

I read one of Esk's articles, he speculates that the Prem may already have placed restrictions on our transfer business, with the Prem possibly even having a veto over our potential transfers, or we at least need to adhere to an already stipulated agreement that our expenditure must match our income, for example? This is speculation; it hasn't been reported anywhere and may well be a figment of Esk's imagination.

But say it's true, and that's why purchasing those two championship standard fullbacks matches the income gained by Digne's sale. I think we would be in a position to agree deals where we agree to make payment in the summer, because lets face it, Richarlison and DCL are going to be sold in the summer, relegation or no relegation.

We are being linked with that Monster South Korean defender for 20 million. I like the look of him, to be honest. Where's that money coming from? I can see us agreeing deals where we don't make payment until the summer, as it's only a few months away?

Something is clearly. It right at Spurs for Alli and a big problem he has is rat he always looks disinterested and pampered. But he came from mk find and did fantastic during his first 2 years. Definitely a player in there. Sometimes it’s one of any of change of scenery, culture, team mates, fans, attitude to light that fuse. I think there’s nothing to lose for Everton or Alli if this goes through. I can see him playing well and enjoying his game again alongside Gray, Richarlison, Gordon & Townsend. More upside than downside imho. Sign him up he’s lots to prove and he will get back to form somewhere sometime. Better at Everton than not. Also he will push Iwobi down the pecking order even further. Gotta be worth a punt on that score alone

I remeber when we signed Barry on loan for the final 6 months or year of his contract and then when we signed him as a free agent …. We still had to pay …
It was a honor agreement, he could of signed for anybody after the loan period and no payment required to Man City but part of the deal was that we would pay a fee if see decided to sign him. I think we agreed to a fee of 5/6 mil but may be wrong, we kept to the agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.