Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brazilian lad Jao Pedro scored a very Richarlison esq headed goal a couple of weeks ago, if Watford go down and we don’t he’d be attainable.

I really like the look of him. Looked like being a great signing from his highlights in Brazil and Watford got him early to big fanfare.

His numbers last season are quite impressive and yet this season has only had 8 games worth of minutes and mostly used as a sub / wide left.

Looks like someone who could be moulded into a very good player.

If DCL moves it would be in the summer.

The £60mil fee seems very low to me as he has a contract till 2025.

There seems to be a lack or top level strikers these days. Looking at both Italy and English leagues...

Id be looking at £80-100mil for him and the same for Richarlison.

But its not easy to pinpoint replacements...

80-100 ahhahahaa mate you are so far off it it's unreal.

That vlahovic from fiorentina is being touted at 58m, he's younger and scored a lot more than DCL has over the last couple of years.

I know who I'd rather have if I was a "top" club

I wouldn't be against selling DCL and getting Raphinha in from Leeds. Richarlison could play up front in a 4-3-3 with Raphinha and Gray.
1) we've no chance of getting Raphina. A dozen CL teams would be after him if he was available. Excellent player.

2) who plays in the 3 midfield spots in your hypothetical 433? We still need at least 1 CM and 1 DM now (and arguably another one in summer 2022).

Our starting midfield is currently Allan plus one of Davies, Gbamin, Gomes or Onyango (spelling). If we want to play a 3 man midfield, it's Allan plus two of the above. Why on earth would ANYONE be looking at any loan or purchase that doesn't play in central midfield right now?

Without new blood in midfield we are in dire trouble. If Doucouré is out for any appreciable period of time on top of a lack of new arrivals then I believe we're nailed on for relegation.

80-100 ahhahahaa mate you are so far off it it's unreal.

That vlahovic from fiorentina is being touted at 58m, he's younger and scored a lot more than DCL has over the last couple of years.

I know who I'd rather have if I was a "top" club
English clubs pay a premium for English players. And DCL is under a long contract, so we don't need to accept lowball bids for him once Tosun, Delph, Sigurdsson & the like fall off the payroll in the summer.

There's no reason to sell DCL for £60m this summer. Zero.

I really like the look of him. Looked like being a great signing from his highlights in Brazil and Watford got him early to big fanfare.

His numbers last season are quite impressive and yet this season has only had 8 games worth of minutes and mostly used as a sub / wide left.

Looks like someone who could be moulded into a very good player.
Go and have a proper look at him, he could be a perfect replacement for Richarlison if he does go at some point.

1) we've no chance of getting Raphina. A dozen CL teams would be after him if he was available. Excellent player.

2) who plays in the 3 midfield spots in your hypothetical 433? We still need at least 1 CM and 1 DM now (and arguably another one in summer 2022).

Our starting midfield is currently Allan plus one of Davies, Gbamin, Gomes or Onyango (spelling). If we want to play a 3 man midfield, it's Allan plus two of the above. Why on earth would ANYONE be looking at any loan or purchase that doesn't play in central midfield right now?

Without new blood in midfield we are in dire trouble. If Doucouré is out for any appreciable period of time on top of a lack of new arrivals then I believe we're nailed on for relegation.
Agreed he's the only one with mobility and experience. Onyango and Gbamin are unknowns, Delph and Davies out. We need a box to box midfielder in my view. If they are creative that would be handy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.