Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See him and Small mentioned all the time. Was the club/Brands supposed to hold a gun to these kids' heads to force them to sign new contracts?
From what I read on the youth teams thread (if wrong I'm sure someone will correct me) Cho's move to angers was pushed by his French speaking family who wanted to move back to France.

Not sure what else we could have done.

Get both Lingard and Alli in to be honest. We're in dire straits and even those two bell ends are head and shoulders above what we have at the minute.
We need a CM and a DM.

How do Alli (a 10) and Lingard (a 10 or wide forward) help us? Let's say we go with a formation that includes a 10, to accommodate one of them... Who plays in midfield, with Doucouré currently injured?

If DCL moves it would be in the summer.

The £60mil fee seems very low to me as he has a contract till 2025.

There seems to be a lack or top level strikers these days. Looking at both Italy and English leagues...

Id be looking at £80-100mil for him and the same for Richarlison.

But its not easy to pinpoint replacements...
Agreed on all points.

DCL is young, English, under a long contract and has a proven body of work in the Prem. £60m is too low.

Richarlison's situation is slightly different, so £70m this summer wouldn't be bad.

Agreed on all points.

DCL is young, English, under a long contract and has a proven body of work in the Prem. £60m is too low.

Richarlison's situation is slightly different, so £70m this summer wouldn't be bad.

What do you think of them as a pairing + would you sell one in summer or both...or keep them?

What do you think of them as a pairing + would you sell one in summer or both...or keep them?
I think Richarlison will go, he’s given us 4yrs and he’s a Brazilian international, hovering around mid table abs the bottom half.

DCL slightly different, but would definitely sell if someone came and offered us serious money IE 80mil.
Im in the camp, who things DCL is a good forward and has improved his goal record, still offers very little apart from putting the ball in the net. I know people will say that’s his job, but he’s what scored 16 last season 13 the season before. Patrick Bamford got more last season, Not like he’s getting 25/30 and he never got one assist last season.

In the modern game I think strikers need to offer more

Question for all the Clever people on this Forum...

If we do not appoint a Manager (Tem or permanent) before month-end, does that mean we go with what we've got?

Because honestly, what we've got (bar four or five) is a load of money-grabbing pompous mediocre rubbish...

I would keep both of them IF:

1) we were able to sell some of the other short contract guys (Mina, for instance) and overpaid wasters (Keane, Gomes for instance). As much as it will help us to have the likes of Delph, Sigurdsson and Tosun falling off the payroll, OOC departures don't generate any income... And we need income.

2) we are able to extend Richarlison's contract. No point keeping him this summer only to sell him for £20m next summer.

If we can't achieve BOTH of those things, I would reluctantly sell Richarlison. Preferably overseas, to a club where he can win trophies. Kind of like the Gana-to-PSG deal: no hard feelings, thanks for your commitment here, good luck at your next club.

I like the flexibility Richarlison provides. CF, wide left in a front 3, second striker / 10, wide left in a 4231... Goal threat in any of those positions. These are reasons to keep him but also reasons why he should command a hefty fee.

Having him available to share the load out on the left means we can get the most out of him and Gray, and he's the only useful cover we have for DCL at the moment too.

Our issue is midfield. Sort the centre of midfield out and you'll get FAR more out of Richarlison and DCL. And Gray, Gordon and Townsend, for that matter.

If we do not appoint a Manager (Tem or permanent) before month-end, does that mean we go with what we've got?

Because honestly, what we've got (bar four or five) is a load of money-grabbing pompous mediocre rubbish...
It's essentially accepting relegation if we don't get two more quality players in within a week.

Our form since a lucky start is relegation form, and it's getting worse now. 9 points since. September.

We count on these players to show the spirit and fight needed to stay up.

I don’t think we can possibly go into a relegation battle with the midfielders we have. We need two minimum and the club must see that. Loans likely the way to go so the club should at least be compiling options ready for a new manager to quickly pull the trigger if appointed. If no-one is appointed by the weekend the board in conjunction with Dunc need to make the call.

But every day we wait for a manager is a day we lose opportunities in the market. Personally I would be perfectly happy to see Lampard appointed in the next 24 hours then get to work in the market and on the training pitch.

you’d like

They’re not money grabbing, they get paid what their agent and the club deemed their value

Slightly worried that an already struggling Moise Kean is now moving even further down the pecking order at Juve. Just how easy are those easily attainable markers to make it an obligation to buy?

you’d like

They’re not money grabbing, they get paid what their agent and the club deemed their value
Agent: Everton have been on the phone. Interested?

Player: whose the manager? Aren't they in trouble at the moment? How do I fit into their system? Where even is Everton?

Agent: Shut up muppet. They'll quadruple your wages.

Player: I'm there. Always been a fan. Up the ... what colour do they play in?

Status
Not open for further replies.