Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly worried that an already struggling Moise Kean is now moving even further down the pecking order at Juve. Just how easy are those easily attainable markers to make it an obligation to buy?
even if they have to buy does he have to sign? If he can't get a game maybe he refuses to sign leaving us with a player close to leaving on a free.

I think Richarlison will go, he’s given us 4yrs and he’s a Brazilian international, hovering around mid table abs the bottom half.

DCL slightly different, but would definitely sell if someone came and offered us serious money IE 80mil.
Im in the camp, who things DCL is a good forward and has improved his goal record, still offers very little apart from putting the ball in the net. I know people will say that’s his job, but he’s what scored 16 last season 13 the season before. Patrick Bamford got more last season, Not like he’s getting 25/30 and he never got one assist last season.

In the modern game I think strikers need to offer more

I would keep both of them IF:

1) we were able to sell some of the other short contract guys (Mina, for instance) and overpaid wasters (Keane, Gomes for instance). As much as it will help us to have the likes of Delph, Sigurdsson and Tosun falling off the payroll, OOC departures don't generate any income... And we need income.

2) we are able to extend Richarlison's contract. No point keeping him this summer only to sell him for £20m next summer.

If we can't achieve BOTH of those things, I would reluctantly sell Richarlison. Preferably overseas, to a club where he can win trophies. Kind of like the Gana-to-PSG deal: no hard feelings, thanks for your commitment here, good luck at your next club.

I like the flexibility Richarlison provides. CF, wide left in a front 3, second striker / 10, wide left in a 4231... Goal threat in any of those positions. These are reasons to keep him but also reasons why he should command a hefty fee.

Having him available to share the load out on the left means we can get the most out of him and Gray, and he's the only useful cover we have for DCL at the moment too.

Our issue is midfield. Sort the centre of midfield out and you'll get FAR more out of Richarlison and DCL. And Gray, Gordon and Townsend, for that matter.

Just on the forwards topic...

Gordon Richarlison Gray
DCL
Gordon
Gray DCL Richarlison

How good is that unit? Would they make good company being in the top 6 or top 4 ?

I agree with both of you that Richarlison is a top player, flexible and of course his desire is something that cant be taught. He could be a talisman really in a superior team.

However, if he went for say £80mil then could we replace him and improve with a top young playmaker or support striker and a young, quick dynamic winger?

In both of those formations Ive listed we would be reliant on Gordon, Gray and Richarlison creating chances which so far, albeit without DCL theyve failed to do.

DCL would be impossible to replace 'like for like' simply because there dont seem to be too many high potential players with his profile.

I think we would need to switch to a different style which would be more focused on pace/creativity across the front rather than having a centre forward as the focal point.

Teams like City and Liverpool have adopted the 'false 9' role while United and Chelsea have the focal point up top. I look at Arsenal in recent seasons as not too dissimilar to where we currently find ourselves in terms of underperformance. Yet theyve now got the keeper, defence and midfield in place yet lack the Richarlison or DCL to push them on.

No matter what we do in the summer, beyond those 4 players we have zero in the squad to rotate/replace them with--the exception possibly being Dobbin who looks to be off.

Theres going to have to be some hard decisions made.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...ack-and-central-midfielder-this-month-report/

Apparently we want a right back and a centre mid this month.

Centre mid is obvious and I agree with the right back being needed as well. Even if Patterson is instantly the 'real deal' if he is suspended/injured at all were back to Coleman/Kenny which is suicide.

I'd like to see us go for someone of similar age with high potential -- perhaps the boy Ramsay from Aberdeen.

Centre midfield: Guimaraes or Kamara would be my favoured choices.

I wouldn't be against selling DCL and getting Raphinha in from Leeds. Richarlison could play up front in a 4-3-3 with Raphinha and Gray.

I think Raphinha would be out of our reach. But i'll raise you on the Brazilians...

For me Antony (Ajax) is the next big thing and so Id bring him in along with Guimaraes (Lyon) for centre midfield and Bremmer (Torino) at centre back.

The snag we have is that Richarlisons contract expires in 2024. He's the attraction for the 3 i mention above.

Status
Not open for further replies.