Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
80-100 ahhahahaa mate you are so far off it it's unreal.

That vlahovic from fiorentina is being touted at 58m, he's younger and scored a lot more than DCL has over the last couple of years.

I know who I'd rather have if I was a "top" club
English players carry a sizeable premium.

We need an attacker who can play in between midfield and the forwards who can score goals. He's available on loan, we currently have no money, so it is logical.

Unfortunately, we currently have no manager.
He could easily score more goals than our entire midfield all season in 4 months. But I'm wary about signing someone i believes to have questionable mentality. He has not made the most of his enormous ability for me.

Clear talent there with Alli. Whether we can bring the best out of him... I doubt it.
Depends, certain managers would almost certainly fancy their chances.

Let's not forget, he was bloody brilliant under Poch. But when Eriksen was phased out (Eriksen was responsible in that Spurs system for dropping deep or wide to get on the ball and play diagonals over the top for Alli to run beyond Kane onto) then they lost that facet to their play. Spurs haven't had that type of playmaker since, as Kane was the one who filled that role but he was playing it to the fast wingers in the 433 kind of shape last season. Poch obviously left but Ali really dropped off under Mourinho, who obviously played a totally different kind of way.

He's not a midfielder though so was never going to work in Conte's 343 or 352.

English players carry a sizeable premium.

They do to other English clubs ye, apart from arsenal no club in this league would realistically start him anyway. And I don't think he's artetas type of player.

The only club in this league that would pay near 80m for him is Newcastle out of pure desperation if they stayed up.

He could easily score more goals than our entire midfield all season in 4 months. But I'm wary about signing someone i believes to have questionable mentality. He has not made the most of his enormous ability for me.
I have done a pretty long post on this so will try not to repeat myself (it's on this page or the last) but while I agree he has talent, he's not standout at anything. He's not an amazing passer, he hasn't got an incredible shot on him, he's not rapid, he's not an amazing dribbler.

What he was very, very adapt at was finding space behind the lines and getting onto the end of things. He had - and maybe still has - a great appreciation of space. And it's why he was so brilliant when he first came onto the scene in that Poch system.

Now, I think attitude plays it's part, certainly. I don't think he's a bad egg but do think he's lost his confidence/way and part of that is working under some poor managers in recent years.

Was also predictable btw

We needed a ball-carrying/goalscoring midfielder if Benitez's system was ever going to work (which it wasn't)

I have done a pretty long post on this so will try not to repeat myself (it's on this page or the last) but while I agree he has talent, he's not standout at anything. He's not an amazing passer, he hasn't got an incredible shot on him, he's not rapid, he's not an amazing dribbler.

What he was very, very adapt at was finding space behind the lines and getting onto the end of things. He had - and maybe still has - a great appreciation of space. And it's why he was so brilliant when he first came onto the scene in that Poch system.

Now, I think attitude plays it's part, certainly. I don't think he's a bad egg but do think he's lost his confidence/way and part of that is working under some poor managers in recent years.
He was the closest thing to Cahill in his early days. Now I dont know what position he should even play. He gets outfought in midfield but breaks down attacks further forward.

There is potentially a player in there because I've seen it before but I dont know if we will ever see it again. Lingard would actually suit us better.

Was also predictable btw

We needed a ball-carrying/goalscoring midfielder if Benitez's system was ever going to work (which it wasn't)

Which shows what a con FFP is.

Utd around £500 millions in debt

Got about 50 attacking players

Got Lingard barely getting a game sat on 100k a week

Just spent £73 millions on Sancho

"Sorry lads no one is having him on loan we want him keeping our bench warm".

Said it once will say it again.

Dele Ali has BAGS of talent
Dele Ali has shown no mentality of realising that talent.

Maybe a change of scenario and a right manager would get something from him. Certainly better than 90% of our midfield

Which shows what a con FFP is.

Utd around £500 millions in debt

Got about 50 attacking players

Got Lingard barely getting a game sat on 100k a week

Just spent £73 millions on Sancho

"Sorry lads no one is having him on loan we want him keeping our bench warm".
Highest bidder wins, if we are in for him with Newcastle, they will take this to the wire to achieve the best offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.