Everton. I hate you. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an awful shame that we didn't get investment around a decade ago.That Moyes team from 07 to 09 was just short a quality player or two, from really challenging.

Agree, together with 2013/14, 2007/08 has to be my favorite Everton season in recent times. We had strikers in Yakubu and Johnson who knew where the net was, a solid defence with Baines, Lescott, Jagielka, Yobo, and even Hibbo, and a great mix of steel & silk in midfield with Carsley, Neville, Gravesen, Osman, Pienaar, Manny Fernandes, Arteta and Cahill.

Most of all, you could tell that the players themselves gave their all. And all those players mentioned above probably had a combined wage not far off to what Schneiderlin, Bolasie, and Sandro are on.

Things must really be bad when I'm pining for the Moyes days o_O:oops:

Agree, together with 2013/14, 2007/08 has to be my favorite Everton season in recent times. We had strikers in Yakubu and Johnson who knew where the net was, a solid defence with Baines, Lescott, Jagielka, Yobo, and even Hibbo, and a great mix of steel & silk in midfield with Carsley, Neville, Gravesen, Osman, Pienaar, Manny Fernandes, Arteta and Cahill.

Most of all, you could tell that the players themselves gave their all. And all those players mentioned above probably had a combined wage not far off to what Schneiderlin, Bolasie, and Sandro are on.

Things must really be bad when I'm pining for the Moyes days o_O:oops:

The last enjoyable season we had, was that first one with Martinez.It's been downhill rapidly ever since.

If I could go back 50 years,I would just disappoint my Dad and tell him I wasn't interested in football and become one of those nerdy kids who hung around together playing Dungeon and Dragons. They always seemed happy enough!

Apart from a few seasons in the 80s and 95 it's been nothing but misery, frustration,disappointment and false dawns..I even watched the Wimbledon 94 game on YouTube the other week to relive the good times after wearing out the 84/85 season review!

Last time I had anything genuine to cheer about was Lukaku's solo goal against Chelsea which meant nothing by the next round. The derby games have now gone beyond a joke, as has the banter with RS mates.

Of course I will be back for more but I do wonder what life would have been like without football!

I really hate Everton so why do I love them so much?

Just look at the state of the FA cup draw. City and the winner of Chelsea/utd would be in normal circumstances our only threats. Won't be like this for years to come, we blew a wonderful opportunity to get to a final.

Just look at the state of the FA cup draw. City and the winner of Chelsea/utd would be in normal circumstances our only threats. Won't be like this for years to come, we blew a wonderful opportunity to get to a final.

We lost to Wigan at home when Millwall were waiting in the semi final. We had a pen v united fo take the lead and Palace waiting in the final. We missed it and lost in the last kick of the game. We’re allergic to success or even any single good moment on a football pitch. In the last month alone we’ve had more gut punches than most clubs probably get in a good few seasons.

We lost to Wigan at home when Millwall were waiting in the semi final. We had a pen v united fo take the lead and Palace waiting in the final. We missed it and lost in the last kick of the game. We’re allergic to success or even any single good moment on a football pitch. In the last month alone we’ve had more gut punches than most clubs probably get in a good few seasons.
Those scars just don't heal either.

It deffo in our mindset.

I remember being on the Tube to that United semi. Sat next to United fans, they were planning their Final journey and tickets etc.
They expected to win. We hope to win.

Sad, but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.