Everton. I hate you. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no fight and no stomache in this Everton team. That is psychological and that comes from game preperation and management.

This collection of players are performing woefully under par for their collective abilities.

The club continues to employ unsuitable managers and coaches if it truely wishes to compete again.

I've started watching part time, semi professional irish league football this year, and it's bringing me a lot fulfilment than the 5am alarms to set off to the airport to trek over to Liverpool. And it costs a tenner rather than at least 200 quid a weekend.

Really past caring this season at this point. The players don't represent the values of the club. The club doesn't represent the values of the our home city nor the values of the supporters. I find it hard to care when those earning more money a week than I've earned in my life don't care.

So there we go. Officially the longest the club has ever gone without winning a trophy and we look like we're a million miles away from ever winning anything. At this rate it'll be another twenty-five years before we ever win anything again. So pathetic. I can't even begin to describe how much this hurts to see the club in this state.:(

This club is stil a (perhaps hidden) gem, its history still meaningful enough to make it a contender. Hoping some additional or new serious investor/owner comes in. Football is a global business these days.

If that does not happen, the club will just make up the numbers to create a league of 20 teams while the top teams battle it out.

Tbh it’s been crap since Moyes left. Everything changed and all we’ve had since are a succession of mercenary players and managers who couldn’t give one hoot about the club. It’s not felt like Everton for a long time.

giphy.gif

I know we're all in for the long haul, because it's a bit of a life sentence following Everton but bloody hell I honestly don't know if I care that much anymore.

I'm 31 and barely remember us winning in my lifetime one single FA cup in 1995. We've been utterly abysmal in pretty much every aspect of the game for the last 30ish years, apart from the odd sound season under Moyes and the false dawn of Martinez' first season (yet we still actually achieved nothing)

There is an entire generation of blues that don't know what a Derby win feels like because it's been that long since we got one over that lot.

We've never even troubled the League Cup.

We seem to bottle the FA cup every year.

We seem to have accepted we're never going to trouble the top 6 so aiming for 7th seems like a good season for us. (and even a top half finish seems unlikely this season)

I suppose i'm just venting but I have to ask myself the question, why do I, and why do all of us even bother? Those multimillionaires trotting about on the pitch certainly don't seem to care.

For years this club hasn’t deserved the support it gets from us. I probably shouldn’t care the way that I do; It seems they exist currently to find new and humiliating ways to let me down. Yep, lost again, but where is the pride in playing for Everton Football Club? Because if that is it, or last Saturday, or when we hung on against an even worse out of form team in Bournemouth who outplayed us for long periods, it’s the time to take a reality check.

We”ve become a rest home for millionaire nobodies.......no leaders, no bottle, everybody else’s soft touch. Project? Transition? Needs time. Fed up of making excuses for them. The Everton I see at the moment is as hollow an imitation of what I think this football club stands for. We used to have a backbone, a team that would go toe to toe and impose themselves on the game. Nah.......this side gets belittled by bang average journeymen, a centre fireworks who learnt their trade at Halifax and shown up for what they are. Spineless, mercenary Premiership Nobodies, cheating a living. That’s our famous Everton FC. Shame on the lot of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.