Everton extends kit deal with Umbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new kit deal with umbro is a disgrace. Is Umbro seriously the best we can do? And can someone explain what a mult-year deal is? We may as well sign a deal that is 'in perpetuity'with them. I don't understand why we can't attract someone else. Why don't sign the most popular brand in the city, under armour? Not that I like to compare to that lot, but when their billion pound deal with Nike is announced, starting season 20/21... it's going to show what a bunch of coasters our deal making department is.

A deal with us HAS to be worth more. Any of the Premier League clubs should be able to get top deals now, but if you can at least argue with a kit sponsor that we are only one of 6 who has always been in the Premier League, and honestly speaking, you can't guarantee Burnley, Watford, will stay forever, and even Newcastle have been up and down. Maybe Leicester have more marketing power than us because of their PL win, but apart from that, we have a powerful case for a top sponsorship. What's going on?

A deal with us HAS to be worth more. Any of the Premier League clubs should be able to get top deals now, but if you can at least argue with a kit sponsor that we are only one of 6 who has always been in the Premier League, and honestly speaking, you can't guarantee Burnley, Watford, will stay forever, and even Newcastle have been up and down. Maybe Leicester have more marketing power than us because of their PL win, but apart from that, we have a powerful case for a top sponsorship. What's going on?

I also can't stand the mistakes we made over promoting our connection with USA, South Africa and Australia with Howard, Pienaar and Cahill..big players in their countries, and they should be used to promote Everton

We dont play in Europe, we dont win trophies, we are in a 2 team city and are dwarfed by our neighbours by every single metric you can think of.

You are getting annoyed for no reason, I mean we dont even know how much the deal is worth.

Just saying.

Am not annoyed, Just want the best for us.

You are right, of course, abou us not winning trophies but am sick of us feeling like 'little everton' in the shadow of our neighbours.

I think their is a reason why no details of the deal have been announced, don't you?

We have the 8th highest sponsorship deal in the league with SportPesa, with West Ham marginally edging us out of 7th spot. This is about correct when you consider them being London based and the population density in London compared to Liverpool.

Not sure how we can criticize the Umbro deal without figures. Additional considerations for shirt manufacturer (not sponsor!) is margin per shirt, distribution, price point for the fans, range of product, design etc. Who would want a Nike or Under Armour shirt that maybe cost £10 more but made the club no more profit? Everton have a lot of heritage with Umbro and I suspect we sell a fair few vintage/retro shirts that they would probably not produce for us if they were not our main shirt supplier (probably part of the reason that last time we switched it was to LCS).

We dont play in Europe, we dont win trophies, we are in a 2 team city and are dwarfed by our neighbours by every single metric you can think of.

You are getting annoyed for no reason, I mean we dont even know how much the deal is worth.

Just saying.

You're right! Time for another coffee

You are right, of course, abou us not winning trophies but am sick of us feeling like 'little everton' in the shadow of our neighbours.

I think their is a reason why no details of the deal have been announced, don't you?
Yep, there is no stipulation that details be announced.

We have the 8th highest sponsorship deal in the league with SportPesa, with West Ham marginally edging us out of 7th spot. This is about correct when you consider them being London based and the population density in London compared to Liverpool.

Not sure how we can criticize the Umbro deal without figures. Additional considerations for shirt manufacturer (not sponsor!) is margin per shirt, distribution, price point for the fans, range of product, design etc. Who would want a Nike or Under Armour shirt that maybe cost £10 more but made the club no more profit? Everton have a lot of heritage with Umbro and I suspect we sell a fair few vintage/retro shirts that they would probably not produce for us if they were not our main shirt supplier (probably part of the reason that last time we switched it was to LCS).

ok then that's fair. calmed down now

Good points raised that I don't disagree with. I just feel a change would have been better and it' disappointing that other clubs seem to have better deals than we do... I guess the gap now is too large and we should just be happy to know our place.

Am sure if the Umbro deal was anything to get excited about, we would have known.

Oh defo, its a "bad" deal no doubt, when you put it alongside this :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37652612
Chelsea signs record-breaking £900m Nike kit deal
and
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28282444
Manchester United and Adidas in £750m deal over 10 years
and
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-new-10-year-kit-deal-puma-worth-650-million/
Manchester City sign new 10-year kit deal with Puma worth £650 million

But sadly we arent on that level, yet.

I mean people think it matters what company we go with, it really doesnt, we go with Umbro cos they are the 1s who offer us the most.

Our commercial deals are terrible, but you honestly have to ask yourself why, consider all the factors, all metrics that companies use for sponsorship Social media numbers, fanbase, ground size, trophies they win, European games and we fall very short on most.

You cant say to a company in 2019, "Look lads, we were boss in 1985, we think our history means you should pay us 100m a year".

Just out of curiosity - do we know, say, what Crystal Palaces deal is like? Newcastle? Cause let's be honest - that's the level we are at these days?

I did read our kit sales were poor, but is one of the reasons for this down to the perception of the brand?

Just out of curiosity - do we know, say, what Crystal Palaces deal is like? Newcastle? Cause let's be honest - that's the level we are at these days?

I did read our kit sales were poor, but is one of the reasons for this down to the perception of the brand?

What is your obsession with a kit deal? Joined less than an hour ago, and all you have done is bang on about it. And suggested we are in the Palace/Newcastle stable of clubs. Odd.

Umbro just seem to have terrible reach into non UK markets

Genuinely think we'd be better off with
Adidas, Nike or Under Armour if it gets Everton shirts into more stores worldwide

The new kit deal with umbro is a disgrace. Is Umbro seriously the best we can do? And can someone explain what a mult-year deal is? We may as well sign a deal that is 'in perpetuity'with them. I don't understand why we can't attract someone else. Why don't sign the most popular brand in the city, under armour? Not that I like to compare to that lot, but when their billion pound deal with Nike is announced, starting season 20/21... it's going to show what a bunch of coasters our deal making department is.
They’re a big club.

We are not.

I hope this clears things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.