Everton extends kit deal with Umbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Everton could have a tin pot betting company and Angry Birds as sponsors.
Do our marketing people have any experience in marketing I wonder?

Why would any club want to be associated with a game with 3,700,000,000 downloads......

And let's not forget...

https://www.eifonline.org/speaker-profile.html?id=121:Harri Koponen
Mr Harri Koponen is Chief Operating Officer of Rovio (Angry Birds).He was also TeliaSonera Executive Vice President until June 2004
TeliaSonera owns 35.6% of Megafon
Usmanov owns 56% of Megafon
The plot is more than thickening its starting to set....

The new kit deal with umbro is a disgrace. Is Umbro seriously the best we can do? And can someone explain what a mult-year deal is? We may as well sign a deal that is 'in perpetuity'with them. I don't understand why we can't attract someone else. Why don't sign the most popular brand in the city, under armour? Not that I like to compare to that lot, but when their billion pound deal with Nike is announced, starting season 20/21... it's going to show what a bunch of coasters our deal making department is.

Agree totally but the clique won’t like this, they will laugh at you and call your a kit virgin and all think they’re hilarious.

Why would any club want to be associated with a game with 3,700,000,000 downloads......

And let's not forget...
I also think i read somewhere that Usmanov is invested in the company that makes Angry Birds.
Still tho, one of the only benefits of getting Europa this season will be that we cant have sleeve ads in that competition. (i think)

Also, I must be one of the only people who doesn't have a problem with Angry Birds being our sleeve sponsor. It's not the best but there are much worse.
No, I think it's really weird how upset people get about it too...

I also think it's utterly bizarre how many people have a moral objection to us having a betting company as sponsor, but were fine with alcohol for years.

(which is not to say I'd choose for us to be advertising a betting company, but I don't see how you can have a moral/societal objection to one and not the other - alcohol causes even more damage than gambling does)

Very surprised we aren’t wearing it versus Burnley!

The club slipped it in with the Umbro extension announcement that they wouldn't be doing it that way this year.

A step backwards from the club but probably a side effect of not committing to them until late in the day looking to move brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.